Choix processeur/Processor choice ! (Message également en français)
Hi, i want to know wich processor will be better for some games on PCSX2 :

1/ Amd Athlon X4 860K.

2/ Intel i3-6100.

The choosen Processor will work, without a doubt, with a Geforce GTX 750 TI (I have noticed that a lot of configs use this graphic card and work very well).

The concerned games :

1/ Tourist Trophy (My priority)

2/ La série des Toca Race Driver (1,2 & 3).

3/ Gran Turismo 4 (Same as Tourist Trophy, it's the same graphic engine, isn't it ?).

Thank you for your answers ! Smile

Bonjour, j'aimerai savoir selon vous quel est le processeur qui sera le mieux adapté pour faire tourner certains jeux sur PCSX2 :

1/ Amd Athlon X4 860K.

2/ Intel i3-6100.

Le processeur sera couplé avec sans doute une Geforce GTX 750 TI (J'ai remarqué que beaucoup s'en sortent très bien avec).

Les jeux concernés :

1/ Tourist Trophy (En priorité)

2/ La série des Toca Race Driver (1,2 &3).

3/ Gran Turismo 4 (Idem à mon avis que Tourist Trophy, même moteur graphique, non ?).

Merci pour vos participations ! Smile

Sponsored links

Intel i3-6100.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Ok, thank you for your advice, it's that i have noticed too. But why do you advice me this processor, only for its performances or because PCSX2 is developped on Intel base ?

P.S : Sorry for my poor english !
Tourist Trophy will never a very powerful CPU, you would be better off with a quad core i5 for running that ideally. The Athlon X4 won't have the power for it though
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ok, but i5 is more expensive that this i3, and i saw many videos with i3 less power than this one and TT and GT4 work very very welle as the posted video.

I have a laptop with an i7-4710HQ and a R9 M265X and TT work so just in the original size graphic (480p or 480i) and very very slow when i want to increase graphic details or resolution.
videos are deceptive, if they are using gsdx to record, it will show you 60fps regardless of the real framerate, he could have been recording the video at 2fps and it will look perfect to you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

so Core i3-6100 non-k without overclock huh
(02-13-2016, 05:29 AM)Akiyama Wrote: so Core i3-6100 non-k without overclock huh

AFAIK the I3 series have never used a K label at any of their processors, so only BCLK overclocking should be feasible I guess.
Check this Intel websites
http://ark.intel.com/products/90729/Inte...e-3_70-GHz
(02-13-2016, 05:29 AM)Akiyama Wrote: so Core i3-6100 non-k without overclock huh

What do yo uwant to say ?

That this processor insn't good for PS2 emulation, not enough ?

Because of not to be a quad core or for other reason ?

Is the Athlon X4 860k better than this i3 ?