Choosing which GPU to render on
See that Intel iGPU just above the GT 430, even that is outperforming a better AMD GPU in some games. Wink

Sponsored links

Thats PC gaming, on GSDX any AMD card performs awfully when you use OpenGL without an exception. We aren't overestimating the 430, we know it's pretty lousy, but we are not overestimating the AMD drivers either.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If you're limited by the driver(which might be the case if you're using opengl) you could be better off with the 430. You just won't be able to push the resolution very high. Try FXAA.

(06-01-2016, 10:32 PM)bomblord Wrote: I think you guys are majorly overestimating the GT430. It was a severely underpowered card when it released 6 years ago. It's weaker than the intel HD graphics from 3 CPU generations ago.

Even when it released older cards were outperforming it
MW2

We're not talking about gpu limited situations. The AMD driver will make some games completely unplayable when using certain settings(if they're not broken entirely). The 430 will at least be able to handle most games at native(or 2x) resolution.
I was using it for Hybrid Physx, but since that only has like 3 games that use it, it's mostly just sitting there doing nothing. But yeah, I believe the GT430 will perform better on PCSX2 OpenGL, so I was wondering if I could get another use out of it. Would also allow me to really test how bad AMD's OpenGL support would be compared to this weak little Nvidia card.

Huh... Turns out it works under DirectX11 as I can see the Nvidia GPU is under heavy use while the AMD is only under light use, but OpenGL seems to only run off the main AMD GPU, Nvidia is at constant 0% load
Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.8GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
G.SKILL 12GB PC3 12800
Sapphire HD7870XT 2GB @ 1100/1500MHz
EVGA GeForce GT 430 1GB
OCZ GameXStream 850W
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Cooler Master HAF 932

I don't think it will work.
1/ It likely requires a special openGL context setup
2/ There are trick to force dedicated GPU for optimus/enduro.

I'm afraid that your best solution is to sell your GPU and get an Nvidia GPU.
I'm thinking of doing that to upgrade somewhat soon anyway, AMD has kinda been disappointing me lately, unless they come out with something good, I'm probably going to defect to the green
Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.8GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
G.SKILL 12GB PC3 12800
Sapphire HD7870XT 2GB @ 1100/1500MHz
EVGA GeForce GT 430 1GB
OCZ GameXStream 850W
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Cooler Master HAF 932

GT 430 will work fine on OpenGL mode at 1xnative.
I used to use a hd6950.. and never had an issue running at 4x native with it... I was using dx vs. ogl.. but I believe I even had playable speeds at anything below 4x native rez with that card. His 78xx is a step up... Last drivers I used were omega 14.xxx tho.. not sure if anything has been released since
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case