Choosing which GPU to render on
Okay this is probably a REALLY uncommon scenario, but I have a AMD GPU (main) and an Nvidia GPU (as an extended display) on the same computer, and since AMD sucks for OpenGL, I was wondering if its possible to tell pcsx2 to render on the Nvidia GPU to take advantage of its superior OpenGL performance.

I've tried changing the adapter in the GSdX settings, but it seems to be ignored and continues to render on the AMD side.

Thanks
Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.8GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
G.SKILL 12GB PC3 12800
Sapphire HD7870XT 2GB @ 1100/1500MHz
EVGA GeForce GT 430 1GB
OCZ GameXStream 850W
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Cooler Master HAF 932

Sponsored links

A GT430 shouldn't outperform a 7870X even in this scenario. You're looking at a literal 10x power difference (268gflops vs 2.8tflops)

I'm also curious why exactly you're running both of these GPU's simultaneously. The 7870 should have no issue outputting to several monitors simultaneously.
(06-01-2016, 08:56 PM)bomblord Wrote: A GT430 shouldn't outperform a 7870X even in this scenario. You're looking at a literal 100x power difference (268flops vs 2.8tflops)

I dunno, AMD cards are pretty dreadful with OGL. That said I don't know if the 430 would support all the OpenGL features we use, I can't remember the list
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-01-2016, 08:57 PM)refraction Wrote: I dunno, AMD cards are pretty dreadful with OGL

I honestly doubt the 430 could run any PCSX2 game at full speed. The card is weaker than modern intel igpu's
(06-01-2016, 08:59 PM)bomblord Wrote: I honestly doubt the 430 could run any PCSX2 game at full speed. The card is weaker than modern intel igpu's

I never said it could, I was just saying it probably is better than his AMD in that scenario Tongue

(06-01-2016, 09:03 PM)refraction Wrote: I never said it could, I was just saying it probably is better than his AMD in that scenario Tongue

Well I mean if he's using OpenGL exclusively it would probably at least work Tongue whereas the AMD card would just throw all kinds of graphic errors.
(06-01-2016, 09:04 PM)bomblord Wrote: Well I mean if he's using OpenGL exclusively it would probably at least work Tongue whereas the AMD card would just throw all kinds of graphic errors.

I dunno tho, I'm not sure if the 430 supports OpenGL 4.5 Tongue

I think people will be surprised how slow is the AMD driver. It really depends if you're GPU or CPU limited.
The HD7870XT will probably outperform the GT 430 in some games, but in some of the worst AMD performing games the GT 430 will be better. My Intel iGPU outperforms my AMD GPU in some conditions, even though that has its own driver issues.
I think you guys are majorly overestimating the GT430. It was a severely underpowered card when it released 6 years ago. It's weaker than the intel HD graphics from 3 CPU generations ago.
[Image: capturefsbja.png]

Even when it released older cards were outperforming it
MW2
[Image: capturev2bdq.png]