Choppy/Slow
I have a high end computer and used to use this emulator without problems. I had to reinstall Windows and now it doesn't work well. The audio is choppy and the games are slow. I don't think it's related to a certain game because it's choppy even in the PlayStation menu/boot sequence. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored links

Specs?
pc specs, and what game please.

also post GSdx settings
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.
  • GSdx settings as said by Saiki.

Thank You.
CPU: i7-2720QM
GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 555M
RAM: 4 GB

Version of PCSX2: I've tried several versions, including the current one (1.0 r5350).
Settings are default
I've tried a Persona 3 FES ISO. This game used to run fluently.
GSdx10: http://imgur.com/x4MDo
let's run a small test, just to test against the GPU:

run on native hardware mode. hit F4, clock the FPS (average)
Once you have a decent average. hit F9 to run software mode. again check FPS

report numbers please
update graphics and audio drivers. if u used new ones after u formatted then use the previous versions

go to the nvidia control center and make sure pcsx2 is using the nvidia card and it's not in some power saving mode

get the program memtest and do a memory test
I tried updating my graphics to no avail. I won't downgrade because it'll screw up other things and I think I tried that in the past. I tried what Saiki said and I got 20-30 FPS for both, with it maybe dropping a little after hitting F9. Also, I already made sure it was running using the nVidia GPU.
if it's the same for both, your CPU is the bottleneck
I've run this on setups with far worse CPUs with better results.