Choppy games and "low" framerate
I am using Pcsx2 0.9.7 but this problem occurs also with the 0.9.6 version.

My specs are:
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 955 BE
GPU: ATI Radeon HD5850
RAM: 4 GB DDR3

Plugins:
Graphics: GSdx SSE2 (same problem with ZeroGS)
PAD: SSSPSX
SPU2: SPU2-X
CDDVD: cddvdGigaherz
USB, FW AND DEV9:NULL

I run the game, either of a cd/dvd or of a iso image, and the load screen shows and everything is running smoothly, and the ps2 logo shows up.

After that when the developer logos start to show it looks like the framerate has dropped to 0.4 FPS and the sound is choppy, but the FPS counter shows 50 FPS. I have tried all the plugins but nothing works.

Please help!!!

Sponsored links

what games?
I have tried Stuntman Ignition and GTA vice city stories for now
what's the speed of that processor (per core, in ghz plz)

Also tried Dogs Life in the meantime, runs at 8 fps
ok, so maybe those aren't working right. what other games do you have?
Medal of honor vanguard: menus work with minimal lag, but ingame about 25 fps
Commandos Strike Force: same thing

Going to look for more games to test, maybe even find my persona 3 disc
Many of those games you've listed are not compatible or have had know issues. Be sure and check this before you expect more from some games. Smile

Congrats on getting past the intro of Commandos SF with 0.9.7.
[Image: captureae.png]
(09-02-2010, 06:53 PM)eAStW00d Wrote: After that when the developer logos start to show it looks like the framerate has dropped to 0.4 FPS and the sound is choppy, but the FPS counter shows 50 FPS. I have tried all the plugins but nothing works.

Please help!!!

Sounds awfully like some DVD reading problems, I recommend you create an ISO of your games using imgburn and running it with the internal ISO reader of PCSX2 0.9.7. See if that helps with your problems

[Image: newsig.jpg]
Okay so i found my persona 3 FES disc and it almost works like a charm, the menus are excellent, and the gameplay in the dorm isn't choppy. I get some lag spikes in scholl but i can live with that. I only wonder how will it be in tartarus?