Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome, any good?
I'm using mozillaFF, i hate IE - IE8 isnt so bad FF still owns.
Whats google's chrome like? I dont wanna dl if im honest, but if i see a good review i may try it.
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram

Sponsored links

Why don't you give Opera a try? I hated it for years (for no reason whatsoever), tried it once and immediately loved it Tongue
As for Chrome, same here. Don't want to get it myself but it'd be nice to read some reviews of actual users, not journalist or Google PR people.
(12-22-2008, 02:46 AM)morpha Wrote: Why don't you give Opera a try? I hated it for years (for no reason whatsoever), tried it once and immediately loved it Tongue
As for Chrome, same here. Don't want to get it myself but it'd be nice to read some reviews of actual users, not journalist or Google PR people.
I know a guy who swares by Opera, i sware by mozilla Tongue maybe cause i've used it so long, and i like the plugins

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
I'm currently running Chrome but it is slower than Mozilla in normal websites. Also downloading sucks because you cannot select "run", you have to download file to HDD.

Incognito window is nice if you want browse something that you don't want others to find out. But this comes to Mozilla FF in 3.1

IE 7.0 mainly for microsoft based websites.
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
(12-22-2008, 10:57 AM)FireFlower Wrote: IE 7.0 mainly for microsoft based websites.

Have you tryed IE 8? the beta is out, it runs alot better than 7. They've also added accelerators, not sure what they do, but i don't like the sound of em Tongue
But in anycase it is alot faster than 7.

I tried once IE 8.0 but its not anymore compatible with devices that I need to access trough microsoft IE 6.0 or 7.0
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
@FireFlower
Quote:I'm currently running Chrome but it is slower than Mozilla in normal websites
For me Chrome is the fastest browser, but I just prefer Firefox interface.
And there'll be a big speed boost with version 3.1 of Firefox, with improved javascript support.
I gave it a try once it finished the beta stage...

The Good:
It´s kinda free (at least for now), simple to use and install, it´s probably safer than IE (but then again any browser is).

The Bad:
It´s not very fast, if you close it any files you are downloading are gone with it, accesing your favorites is harder, too minimalistic for my taste.

The Bottom Line:
The worst part of it for me was the speed issues with some websites, wich is really annoying if you have a fast connection and a new computer.
Processor: Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHZ
Memory: 3GB RAM Kingston
Mainboard: Intel DC33BU
Video Card : GeForce 9600 GT 512MB GDDR3