Close but no... GUITAR
It's been along time since I even looked up emulation. PS2 emu has come a long way.

In any case, I need some help getting FFX-2 to play. I already verified the version, SLUS 20672, is fully functional.

PCSX2 seesmt o be configured well. Bios is there plugins also.
When I choose Run CD/DVD or Execute, I get the start up screen

the boxes fly through the air, and eventually it comes to where the 5 or 6 dots cylce around with the options "Browser" and "System Configuration". But this is it FFX-2 never actually loads.

Can someone give me close on where to go from here?

Sponsored links

PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? Any kind of error in the console/output window?

So far it seems you misconfigured the CDVD plugin. If you're running the game from an ISO make sure you use the Linuz CDVD plugin and make sure it's not being used in other app (don't mount it in daemon tools for example), if running from disc try the Gigaherz CDVD plugin but it's still recommended to make an ISO of your game with an app like ImgBurn.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Funny. I figured it out right after posting this. Had to redo the CD/DVD confing, and then it loaded.
Super slow though. I guess I'll have to mess with frame skip later. Thanks for the reply.

PS. My PC is a Turion 64 1.8Ghz with 2Gigs ram running XP '02 version
No amount of frame skip will give you any kind of playable speeds with that setup sorry. You barely meet the minimum requirements for PCSX2 to boot and your processor is WAY slower than the recommended dual core at ~3,2 Ghz
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-17-2010, 06:57 PM)Kaze-shin Wrote: Funny. I figured it out right after posting this. Had to redo the CD/DVD confing, and then it loaded.
Super slow though. I guess I'll have to mess with frame skip later. Thanks for the reply.

PS. My PC is a Turion 64 1.8Ghz with 2Gigs ram running XP '02 version

all speedhacks on EXCEPT min/max (microVU), VU skip at minor, and EE at 33% SHOULD make it bearable.