Closed Firmware
Howdy,

I'm having some bulging issues that I would like to be addressed and given feedback/other solutions to my problem.

So there's an open firmware password on the computer I would like to install this emulator for and this is the largest underlying issue I have.

If I install the ".pkg" extensions into a massive library on a USB drive from a different MAC, would I be able to run it from my computer?

I'm not sure what else I could do other than crack the open firmware password by switching logic boards with someone that has the same exact MacBook Air, which is much more trouble than I would like to go through.

If anyone can give me a response that would be fantastic, I would like to know if this works out before I go through the trouble of trying it.

Thanks,

George.

Sponsored links

(12-04-2012, 07:03 PM)georgegreentnb Wrote: Howdy,

I'm having some bulging issues that I would like to be addressed and given feedback/other solutions to my problem.

So there's an open firmware password on the computer I would like to install this emulator for and this is the largest underlying issue I have.

If I install the ".pkg" extensions into a massive library on a USB drive from a different MAC, would I be able to run it from my computer?

I'm not sure what else I could do other than crack the open firmware password by switching logic boards with someone that has the same exact MacBook Air, which is much more trouble than I would like to go through.

If anyone can give me a response that would be fantastic, I would like to know if this works out before I go through the trouble of trying it.

Thanks,

George.

No, you wouldn't, unless you also would want to sit and copy the mem cards and bios everytime you want to use it on the mac...

And even then I am not sure, you kind of need access to the root account to launch it properly, but hey, it won't hurt to try ^_^
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"