Closing PCSX2 with a controller
(03-23-2014, 07:22 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: Yep on my system start also doesn't want to work when there are spaces in the filename, can you check there are no spaces AND remove the quotes??

Hah, there you go, removed the quotes and now it's working.
Okay, I'll try setting up Joy2Key. I'll post if I succeed or if I don't know what to do.

Thanks for the help :3

Btw, what's the guide button in Joy2key?

EDIT: Okay, I tried all the buttons in Joy2Key, none of them are the guide button, lol.

Sponsored links

(03-23-2014, 07:29 PM)guru8bit Wrote: Hah, there you go, removed the quotes and now it's working.
Okay, I'll try setting up Joy2Key. I'll post if I succeed or if I don't know what to do.

Thanks for the help :3

Btw, what's the guide button in Joy2key?

EDIT: Okay, I tried all the buttons in Joy2Key, none of them are the guide button, lol.

It's certainly readable under Linux, maybe you are using a driver that doesn't support it?? If so try something else, I am afraid I cannot help further, never needed that button on Windows Smile
(03-23-2014, 07:40 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: It's certainly readable under Linux, maybe you are using a driver that doesn't support it?? If so try something else, I am afraid I cannot help further, never needed that button on Windows Smile

I mean, it works on steam, and MotioninJoy tells me that it converted the PS button in Xbox Button, so I suppose it should be somewhere.
Is there a way to edit the Lilypad Bindings via keyboard? I'm pretty sure it would work if i set the guide button manually. Maybe I don't even need Joy2key.
(03-23-2014, 07:43 PM)guru8bit Wrote: I mean, it works on steam, and MotioninJoy tells me that it converted the PS button in Xbox Button, so I suppose it should be somewhere.
Is there a way to edit the Lilypad Bindings via keyboard? I'm pretty sure it would work if i set the guide button manually. Maybe I don't even need Joy2key.

I am not aware of a way of adding a close key to the emulator other than the ESC key, so I would suggest looking around MotionInJoy in case you can map that button to something else and get Joy2Key to recognize is, but maybe someone else here knows a better way Smile
(03-23-2014, 07:47 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: I am not aware of a way of adding a close key to the emulator other than the ESC key, so I would suggest looking around MotionInJoy in case you can map that button to something else and get Joy2Key to recognize is, but maybe someone else here knows a better way Smile

I don't really want to change ESC, but I wanted to try and set another binding in PCSX2 to set the guide button as the ESC key. I can't do it from the settings page since the emulator doesn't have an option for the guide button.
(03-23-2014, 07:52 PM)guru8bit Wrote: I don't really want to change ESC, but I wanted to try and set another binding in PCSX2 to set the guide button as the ESC key. I can't do it from the settings page since the emulator doesn't have an option for the guide button.

I don't think you'll find a way within PCSX2 to set a controller button as an exit key, I'm not aware of it at least Smile
BTW for what its worth, you CAN map ALT-F4 in Joy2key. You do it like this:

[Image: ohrO2.png]

In the first box click and press ALT. Then in the second box click and press F4.

I just tried and it works with PCSX2. And it's not toggling it, its executing the command and then both keys return to up state.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-23-2014, 07:58 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: BTW for what its worth, you CAN map ALT-F4 in Joy2key. You do it like this:

[Image: ohrO2.png]

In the first box click and press ALT. Then in the second box click and press F4.

I just tried and it works with PCSX2.

Well there you go Smile Thanks for that, arguably better than a hacky batch script Smile
EDIT: I'm gonna try that Joy2key posted above. brb
Also as far as leaving Joy2Key open, this is what I do:

In the main Joy2Key window, go to preferences and set "Minimize when top right x button is pressed" and then when you close it it will minimize, and remove its icon from the taskbar. It will just leave a small icon in the notification area like where the other mini icons are. I checked and on my system it's using just over 3MB of ram and no CPU, so it shouldn't bother your resources even if you are limited for RAM.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD