Clueless PCSX2 User
Hello.
I`m clueless when it comes to emulation and it does seem interresting. I was just wondering if there is a thread where this "VU" thing explained. And the differences between "VU" and "MicroVU". What it does what it`s for,how it works etc. The reason is why i don`t actually want to post bugs is because i most likely post a bug that obvious, because i enabled some option that causes these errors or problems. See if anyone can help understand all the options and funktionality in detail that would be great.
Thanks in advance
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz
Video Card: XFX Geforce 9800 GTX+ PCI-E 512MB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus P5Q
Memory: Corsair Dominator 2 x 2 GB DDR2 1066 MHz
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700 LED
PSU: Enermax PRO 82+ (525W ATX12V v2.3)

Sponsored links

From what I understand, microVU is a different approach and intended replacement for the current VU instructions. It promises to eventually be faster as well as more compatible, but microVU is in its infant stages at the moment and is currently slower and more prone to bugs than the old VU method.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Thanks is there any more indepth information i can look up concerning "VU"?
Btw OC a q6600 to 3.5 Ghz is really scary you must have a nice water cooler.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz
Video Card: XFX Geforce 9800 GTX+ PCI-E 512MB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus P5Q
Memory: Corsair Dominator 2 x 2 GB DDR2 1066 MHz
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700 LED
PSU: Enermax PRO 82+ (525W ATX12V v2.3)
cottonvibes pretty much spells everything out in his post in this thread:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7489.html

No water cooling, but I have a good air cooler. I barely hit 60 degrees under full load, hover right around 40 when idling. I have the G0 stepping version, which is much better and more stable for overclocking. It's just a matter of finding the right voltages and clock speeds. Also, when experimenting with my overclocking, I noticed that the Q6600 was able to achieve higher clock speeds with the x8 multiplier instead of the x9 multiplier. If I tried to overclock to 3.5 with a x9 multiplier, I either get blue screens or don't POST.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.