Co-op Multiplayer?
Hey guys, I am trying to find out if it is at all possible to play a non multiplayer co-op game online? Specifically Fire Pro Wrestling Returns... I am in my house and he is in his, please let me know if there is a way, thanks in advance

Sponsored links

(02-12-2014, 03:44 AM)dstreet200 Wrote: Hey guys, I am trying to find out if it is at all possible to play a non multiplayer co-op game online? Specifically Fire Pro Wrestling Returns... I am in my house and he is in his, please let me know if there is a way, thanks in advance

I once let someone play coop with me over the internet using teamviewer. Not the prettiest method, but if you can forward your screen to them and they can forward their button presses to you without too much delay (anything over 100ms is overkill) then you're golden.

So i guess it can be done. If there was a module to sync two emulator copies together over 2 computers it could work. But there's not. And it's a very complex procedure just imagining about it.
Damn it, guess I will have to give teamviewer a shot, thanks for the reply Coornio!
What are some other programs similar to Team Viewer that might allow this?

Also, with Team Viewer, do you think the lag between two people would be low/tolerable if they're only say, about 6 or 7 miles away from each other?
For TeamViewer you would need a decent upload and I would not expect to get good graphics or large delays... I think I often have responses around 100ms or even larger.

But since one does not even need to install it you can just give it a try... Just make sure the that the one with the better upload provides the desktop.

I think TeamViewer is at the moment the fastest remote-connection software available.
(02-13-2014, 12:16 AM)willkuer Wrote: For TeamViewer you would need a decent upload and I would not expect to get good graphics or large delays... I think I often have responses around 100ms or even larger.

But since one does not even need to install it you can just give it a try... Just make sure the that the one with the better upload provides the desktop.

I think TeamViewer is at the moment the fastest remote-connection software available.

Thank you. What do you think about this.....I have an upload speed of 5Mb. My friend's d/l speed is around 15mb and 2mb up. He lives only about 7 miles away. Do you think we could have a decent multiplayer coop session with pretty good graphics and low latency using Teamviewer?
Do this speed test and check your ping time: www.speedtest.net/
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
Actually the distance is in that ranges not that important. It is more important how many nodes are between you, your friend and probably also one of the teamviewer-server from time to time and how far away your connecting main node is.

As written by Donnovan you can make a ping-test which will give you between 1ms (you are sitting directly next to your node and security guys are running towards you) and 1000ms (you let the dataflow go over the north-and-southpole and send it to the moon and back again). But the ping-test should show lower results than the lag due to teamviewer.

You can just try. It is very easy to set up.
For this to work best you'd have to find an application that can upload screen data and key/mouse/pad presses directly to the target IP without relayed tunnels through various nodes and services (that is discounting the ones your ISP(s) would have to go through). I don't know any such program however, so i can't help you from this point on.