Collision detection problem with Black?
There are sometimes (if not very frequently) that a game might get weird physics and bugs due to an unstable CPU or more specificaly Overclocking.

Sponsored links

Setting the VU clamping to extra+preserve sign seems to have fixed it. The game seems to run flawlessly now, just like on a real PS2 with SW mode at 60fps. Question is, how come enabling automatic gamefixes didn't automatically set my VU clamping to extra+preserve sign like it should?
I don't think that automatic gamefixes does that thing at all actually. It's more of specific fixes that have nothing to do with settings of your the GUI.
(11-07-2012, 02:25 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: Setting the VU clamping to extra+preserve sign seems to have fixed it. The game seems to run flawlessly now, just like on a real PS2 with SW mode at 60fps. Question is, how come enabling automatic gamefixes didn't automatically set my VU clamping to extra+preserve sign like it should?

IIRC extra+preserve didn't fix it for me (it was quite a long time ago though). So if it only slightly improves this bug, but has a considerable performance cost, then it probably shouldn't be enabled automatically for this game.

Also, without this info accessible for the devs, we can't know this option fixes stuff for this game (our testing capabilities are not infinite, so posts from other users help).

However, the compatibility list would be a good place to post such info.