Common slowdowns in various games
There are multiple games I play in PCSX2 that have this problem in which the game slows to about 30-40fps during certain animations or sequences.

In Gradius V(all regions) during the intro of the first boss the fps drops from 60 down to 25-35 and a few moments after the intro is finished to fps jumps back to 60 instantly.

In FFX the monster thing at the beginning of the game uses a spell called Demi, when ever it uses that spell the fps drops to about 45 to 55, I also remember the same thing happening during the Ifrit summon on another laptop I had.

In KH2FM during the Axel boss fight he turns the ground into flames and the fps drops to about 30fps and back to 60 when I put them out.

Also in FF12 does anyone have any suggestions for keeping a constant 60 or as close to 60 as possible. The game is usually 60 but slows down to 45 - 55

Specs:
Dual Core- Core i3 2.4ghz
Intel HD 4000
4gb Ram
Windows 8
PCSX2 1.0.0

Sponsored links

Quote:Intel HD 4000

I'm afraid this one had been bottlenecking your performance. Tried Native setting in GSdx?
Yes I normally use Native or 2X Native.

These slowdowns happen regardless.

Oh and in FF12 when I go into the status or equip menu the fps drops but in the main menu and everywhere else its fine, why is that?
(01-21-2013, 03:24 AM)Gaje Wrote: Yes I normally use Native or 2X Native.

These slowdowns happen regardless.

Oh and in FF12 when I go into the status or equip menu the fps drops but in the main menu and everywhere else its fine, why is that?

your on board graphics is again why its hurting your performance. if on a desktop try picking up a cheap gpu to help support some of the load.
Those scenes you're describing are particularly demanding.
So yes, your GPU will probably hold you back, and your CPU too, since 2.4 ghz may be a bit weak for pcsx2.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Smile 
Make sure that you are using 'hardware' renderer.try to closing background services (using gamebooster software).
Above are basic solutions.try to frameskiping and some GS and EE hacks.