Comparison out of sheer curiosity...
Hi,
I started trying out your fine program with the demanding GT4 (NTSC).
It is mostly ok, apart from some licenses that I cannot start at all (not even after trying a lot of fixes/workarounds).

I was wondering... I can emulate PSP games @full hd with PPSSPP, including GT PSP, while I have a hard time running GT4 with PCSX2 at 480p.
What's so different? different framerate (unsure about psp, maybe it's less than 60?), heavier textures, heavier graphic effects (lighting), heavier physics algorithms? Just asking out of curiosity.

My rig:
i7 3770 @3.40GHz
8GB RAM
GeForce GT 630
Win 8.1 x64
(it should be well above the recommended requirements, maybe the graphic card is a little bit deficient)

Keep up the good work, cheers.

Sponsored links

you GPU is bottlenecking your CPU, you should get a better graphics card to play at higher internal resolutions.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-16-2015, 04:35 PM)ssakash Wrote: you GPU is bottlenecking your CPU, you should get a better graphics card to play at higher internal resolutions.

Thanks for the really fast answer.
Is it really that bad? it's far better than a Radeon X1300 I reckon...
I'm running native internal in the plugin and have a 848*480 setting in GS Window.
yeah, compared to your processor that GPU is quite weak. you should try getting something like a GTX-750Ti (or) R7-260x. and, GT4 is a little demanding on the GPU so, it will run a bit slow.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-16-2015, 04:40 PM)ssakash Wrote: yeah, compared to your processor that GPU is quite weak. you should try getting something like a GTX-750Ti (or) R7-260x. and, GT4 is a little demanding on the GPU so, it will run a bit slow.

Got it, thx! Smile
From personal observation, PSP games have nowhere near the same quality level as PS2 games. The UMD only has 900MB of space, or 1.8GB if it is dual layer, which is less than 1/4th of an actual DVD. That means that either games will have to be short in duration or risk the overall quality going down the drain as compensation.
In addition to that, its screen is 480x272, which is about half as small as the actual PS2's output resolution (it varies between 720x480 @60 for NTSC and 720x576 @50 for PAL).

Just take a look at some of these comparisons. The Dynasty Warriors one is a pretty good example my words Tongue
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/P...p/15174904
Holy crap that is a weak GPU.

That and the PSP isn't that complex, well at least against the PS2.

That and GT4 is demanding, excuse my French here, as *****.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(03-16-2015, 06:11 PM)Coornio Wrote: From personal observation, PSP games have nowhere near the same quality level as PS2 games. The UMD only has 900MB of space, or 1.8GB if it is dual layer, which is less than 1/4th of an actual DVD. That means that either games will have to be short in duration or risk the overall quality going down the drain as compensation.
In addition to that, its screen is 480x272, which is about half as small as the actual PS2's output resolution (it varies between 720x480 @60 for NTSC and 720x576 @50 for PAL).

Just take a look at some of these comparisons. The Dynasty Warriors one is a pretty good example my words Tongue
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/P...p/15174904

GT PSP actually sucks, but for other reasons, not because of graphics.
Run in PPSSPP Emu at 1080 (I believe that's progressive) it's much, much more detailed than PS2's GT4, speaking about graphics - see attached screenshot.
And much more fluid too. So there must be other reasons.
BTW I've read that post about comparisons and how the PS2 hw is more demanding, but that doesn't explain why the end result is so significantly worse.

(03-16-2015, 06:17 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Holy crap that is a weak GPU.

That and the PSP isn't that complex, well at least against the PS2.

That and GT4 is demanding, excuse my French here, as *****.

Come on, the recommended requirements for this emulator is a Radeon X1300! A GT630 is far better than that, even if it's the rock-bottom of the what, 2012 lineup?
http://www.pc-specs.com/gpu/comparison-v...rce-gt-630

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We dont' recommend the x1300 and you can obviously look that up
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-16-2015, 11:20 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: We dont' recommend the x1300 and you can obviously look that up

Ok, I read the wrong line, sorry.