Compatibility / FPS
oooook. So i am running Final Fantasy X on Pcsx2

My laptop has a
Intel core duo T5850 @ 2.2Ghz (32-bit)
3852 MB of RAM
Running on Home VIsta SP1
and a Radeon HD 3650 graphics card.

My problem is i pretty much get 40ish fps all the time during Final Fantasy X gameplay. any suggestions to how i could increase the fps to a steady 60 fps?

How well is my computer suited for the pcsx2 emulator? is it powerful enough that the emulator should be running well? cause the game goes preeeetty slow. is it just FFX that might be the slow? perhaps other games will give me a better fps? If so what ones?
PC - Dell Inspiron Studio 1735
OS - Vista Home Premium SP1 32 - bit
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo T5850 @ 2.16GHz
RAM - 3.5 GB

If you can help me feel free
msn - [email protected]
facebook - Matt Stewart (live in Terrace BC Canada)

Sponsored links

2d game like Disgea, la pucelle tactic, druaga game.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(04-02-2009, 07:07 AM)stewart262 Wrote: oooook. So i am running Final Fantasy X on Pcsx2

My laptop has a
Intel core duo T5850 @ 2.2Ghz (32-bit)
3852 MB of RAM
Running on Home VIsta SP1
and a Radeon HD 3650 graphics card.

My problem is i pretty much get 40ish fps all the time during Final Fantasy X gameplay. any suggestions to how i could increase the fps to a steady 60 fps?

How well is my computer suited for the pcsx2 emulator? is it powerful enough that the emulator should be running well? cause the game goes preeeetty slow. is it just FFX that might be the slow? perhaps other games will give me a better fps? If so what ones?

My laptop is similar to yours, except mine is less powerful and i can run FFX at full speeds (certain areas and spells cause it to go down but normal running around and battle is at 50fps). A few things to make sure of:
  • Make sure you are using SSSE3 plugin.
  • Make sure native is ticked for resolution.
  • I currently have all the speed hacks on, which results in some sloppy FMV's but thats the price to pay for playing it on a laptop. You can play around with those also.
  • Since your using vista make sure u got DX10 and using it, as i have read that it gives a boost in speed.

Thats pretty much all i can think of.

Oh and make sure ur battery isnt set on power saver or balanced, you'll need high performance for pcsx2.
Laptop Rig:

Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
3 gb DDR2-800 RAM
256mb ATI HD 3430
Windows Vista Buisness 32-Bit

Desktop Rig:

P4 HT @ 3.0Ghz
3 gb DDR2-533 RAM
256mb ATI X1300
Windows XP Pro 32-Bit
Since you're playing on a laptop you should remember to turn off all possible bios/windows power saving options.
But overall, your laptop is a bit weak for the emu.
^^ thanks for your replies guys. What are FMV's? and also what do you mean by native resolution?
RAM - 3.5 GB

msn - [email protected]
(04-03-2009, 03:36 AM)stewart262 Wrote: ^^ thanks for your replies guys. What are FMV's? and also what do you mean by native resolution?

FMV = normal pre-rendered movie (which isn't rendered by a game's engine in real time)
Native resolution = native resolution. Of the game played. The one you see on your tv. Or the one you don't. There is a checkbox in GSDX.
DUUUUUDE! you are a lifesaver man! speed hack increased me to 60 fps woohoo! haha i was going to get rid os pcsx2 cause i though my lappy was weak. thanks man!
RAM - 3.5 GB

msn - [email protected]
wow Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Some street speedhack magic
OH yea anyways so i was playing ffx. averaging around 50-60 fps but fairly often jumping to 80 fps or falling to 30 fps. anyone know good ways to keep the fps more consistant?
RAM - 3.5 GB

msn - [email protected]