Poll: Should compatibility with different games be more detailed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
68.97%
20 68.97%
No
31.03%
9 31.03%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Compatibility
Lol, well most of these guys are running with powerful pcs. Can't blame them for stating how it runs on there system. They are at least showing its possible. And thats good enough.

Sponsored links

(04-22-2009, 04:55 PM)Bositman Wrote: Plus you should be really glad this list even exists, no other emulator has such a huge compatibility list which takes weeks to update each time.

No other emulator needs a such huge list. In PSX emulators there are only few games that do not work. It would be easier to list games that are not working and the list would be short. Same goes with n64 emulator. Also I do not see huge FPS variation in PSX games, they pretty much run the same ... You can say: "If one game runs well with your setup, it means all will run".
Wow, this thread is just arrogant. A compatibility list like this is impossible. Everyone has different configs, which will cause problems for some where for others none may exist. Yesterday, the thread was just a bad idea. Now there's a poll? What is this going to do? If everyone says yes, you're going to magically convince the PCSX2 team to drop everything and painstakingly create an inaccurate and useless compatibility list? And this last post of yours, TC. Of course PS2 emulation isn't as perfect as PS1 emulation, that's obvious. Honestly, I can see how the team gets frustrated with the majority of the userbase with ungrateful threads like this.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(04-23-2009, 07:10 AM)With Teeth Wrote: Wow, this thread is just arrogant. A compatibility list like this is impossible. Everyone has different configs, which will cause problems for some where for others none may exist. Yesterday, the thread was just a bad idea. Now there's a poll? What is this going to do? If everyone says yes, you're going to magically convince the PCSX2 team to drop everything and painstakingly create an inaccurate and useless compatibility list? And this last post of yours, TC. Of course PS2 emulation isn't as perfect as PS1 emulation, that's obvious. Honestly, I can see how the team gets frustrated with the majority of the userbase with ungrateful threads like this.
I tend to agree, but a notes section added to it would be good.

an example of this is that God Of War will only run with a patched ISO, even the DVD won't work Angry
Yes, but that's sort of the purpose of the forums. It would take forever for the team to add notes to every single game, while a simple search on the forums can answer most problems and questions one could have about a game.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(04-23-2009, 07:20 AM)With Teeth Wrote: Yes, but that's sort of the purpose of the forums. It would take forever for the team to add notes to every single game, while a simple search on the forums can answer most problems and questions one could have about a game.

not every single one, but ones like god of war and god of war 2, where patches and patched isos are needed.
(04-23-2009, 07:10 AM)With Teeth Wrote: Wow, this thread is just arrogant. A compatibility list like this is impossible. Everyone has different configs. Yesterday, the thread was just a bad idea. Now there's a poll? What is this going to do? If everyone says yes, you're going to magically convince the PCSX2 team to drop everything and painstakingly create an inaccurate and useless compatibility list?

This thread is not arrogant. I am grateful that someone has the time and patience to make PS2 emulator. I have already said that people have different configs ... but they can be used as references. If someone has a better setup and they say the game runs like *****, I can pretty much guess that it will not run any better in my system. How hard is that to understand?

Who said anything about PCSX2 team testing every game there is. It would be nice if I could add a sidenote stating that the game runned smoothly on 2.6Ghz Dual Core and 8800GT. Yes, now you can say that you can do that in forum also ... probably. But more user friendly if you do not need to search forum to know if you can run it or not ...

Poll? What is it going to do? It will not do anything, the poll is for me. I am asking is more detailed list needed, or is it just my imagination ...
Notes would be great, perhaps allowing for forum members to comment on them.
My Spec's are:
CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 3.0GHz
GPU:Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB GDDR3
SPU:Intergrated Realtek HD Audio

Graphics: GSdx 890
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Controller: SSSPSX Pad plugin 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: CDVD 0.1.0
was thingkign more something like this:

Quote:God of War/SCUS-97399/U/PS2/Playable/0.9.6/notes: Requires Toxic DL patch
... ok now. I will take this thread in the good way and tell you exactly WHY this will not happen.

1) We do not endorse the use of any external patches, no matter what or who made it. Period. We do not want to be tangled with problems, support, and/or legal discussions about any of these.

2) Just in case nobody noticed, thousands of hours went into the creation of the compatibility list during its various stages

3) Just in case nobody thought about it, updating the compatibility list is just a small part of what betatesters do. Most of the work consists in trying the various svn commits and reporting if there is something wrong with them

4) No, there will be no comments in the foreseeable future. Do you have an idea of how much moderating would go into us controlling the comments for every game out there? Do you truly, honestly believe that users would NOT post link to bios, pirated games, and generally illegal stuff?..