Compressed image format?
(06-07-2012, 12:27 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: Would it matter on a high-end Solid State Drive like mine?

Fragmentation doesn't matter on an SSD. Would compression matter much?

It's 550MBPS read and 500MBPS write.

Edit : SSD Details.

wouldn't be worth wasting ssd space for disk images.

Sponsored links

So you're saying I should compress?

These games are awfully big ya know...
I'd really like to know how to compress the iso I made from my games. Is there any effective way without actualy breaking something else? Laugh
(06-08-2012, 12:39 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: So you're saying I should compress?

These games are awfully big ya know...

im saying those files shouldn't be anywhere near an SSD :|
Well my SSD is 256GB and doing pretty well on space, though it could be better.

I could move them to my secondary 750GB HDD but would I notice a difference in speed?
Don't feed the troll please. Yes, that's you Mr. Moore.
If I'm trolling then I didn't even realize. How would that be?

I'm being honest.

Seriously guise. GUISE. SERIOUSLY. GUISE!!!
Simple answer: the PS2 has a DVD drive made of solidified arse and failure. So it doesn't matter which drive you put them on. No matter how crap your HDD is, it can't be as slow as a PS2 drive.

Honestly, you're better of running them from your bigger drive, and compressing the .iso files using the plugin as previously discussed.
So running them at faster than the native drive speed makes no difference?
Any HDD made in past decade is faster than the PS2's DVD drive. So the benefits of SSD are negligible. As for compressing them, this places a small overhead on the CPU for decompression, but it won't affect most games. A possible exception would be something which constantly streams, such as Grand Theft Auto: SA.

So just use your big, non-SSD drive, and reserve the SSD for stuff which actually takes advantage of the high read speeds.