Compression?
It is worthwhile to compress the games or not?
Amd Phenom II x3 2.8 overc. 3.0 GHz, 4 gb ddr2 667, Geforce 9600 GT 1 Gb DDr3, Windows Seven 64 bits

Sponsored links

Yes it is.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-27-2010, 03:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yes it is.

But not affect game performance? The plugin to do this is Linuz?
Amd Phenom II x3 2.8 overc. 3.0 GHz, 4 gb ddr2 667, Geforce 9600 GT 1 Gb DDr3, Windows Seven 64 bits
It does affect performance in certain games from what some users have reported. Never occurred to me though. Yes and make sure you select the slow,better compression since the other option does almost nothing.
OR make the folder you store your image files NTFS compressed, has the same or better compression than the method described above Wink
(02-27-2010, 03:39 PM)Bositman Wrote: It does affect performance in certain games from what some users have reported. Never occurred to me though. Yes and make sure you select the slow,better compression since the other option does almost nothing.
OR make the folder you store your image files NTFS compressed, has the same or better compression than the method described above Wink

What would you recommend?
NTFS compressed folder, that's what I use
(02-27-2010, 06:34 PM)Bositman Wrote: NTFS compressed folder, that's what I use

Ok, thanks! But the gain is large or dependent? I have such an image is 2.81 GB and now 2.61.
It depends on the content.
If most of the contents are already compressed (to fit the dvd), compressing the image will make it a little smaller.
If most of the contents are uncompressed, compressing the image will make it a lot smaller (with an emphasis on a lot).
Your case is the typical case, compressed FMV's and/or sounds, but the rest are uncompressed.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!