Concering Sound Plugins
I've tried all of the sound plugins listed through these forums and none of them seem to work correctly for .hack//infection. I know that this game works, and it plays beautifully for me, except for the sound. With the two plugins I've found that worked, one is too slow, and the other too choppy. I know there are a lot of settings for the one that is too choppy (spu2-x-r1857), so I was wondering if anybody knew of some settings that would help with this game. I tried searching, so I'm sorry if this was already discussed and I couldn't find it.

Sponsored links

It's not a matter of SPU2 plugin but it's a matter of speed. If you don't get full speed (due to your PC not being able to) SPU2-X will slow down the sound to match the (slower than normal) video, causing the effect you describe.
So your objective should be to squeeze more FPS out of PCSX2. You can start by using the latest 1888 beta and March 11 beta plugins from here:
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I already am using those, and like I said, the fps is fine. I suppose I didn't clarify correctly. When I'm actually playing the game, everything's fine. But when it's at a cutscene, the fps drop to 30-40 and that's when the sound gets skippy.

EDIT: Also, the fps was kind of choppy until I went to the graphics configuration and made it from directx10 hardware to software, and after that the fps and gameplay is as smooth as my ps2.

ALSO: I was tweaking the configurations for the audio, and slightly improved it. I found a way to either make it slow, or choppy, but neither are really helpful. Wondering if any ways to configure the plugin I said I was using in my first post to help with either the speed/choppiness. None of the speedhacks works for me, either.
Which means that you get full speed outside of cutscenes but not in cutscenes, so what I said above Tongue
Yeah if you are already using those you'll have to live with this, or use some speed hacks or get a faster processor
Do you know of any 3rd party programs that can speedhack pcsx2? I tried Cheat Engine, but it just crashes it. Is there any plugins for speedhacks? Thanks for your help.
Huh? Config->Speed hacks.
I already tried those, I was wondering if there were any beta plugins or programs that would work, because when I activate the speedhacks, I tried all of them, nothing happens.
What is the CPU and gfx card that you're using?
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.