Config Help
The ps2 had a very complex architecture and is very different compared to modern pc's. The way a ps2 works doesn't follow any standards. The ps2 also has many pieces of hardware that all have to be in sync with eachother.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(01-09-2014, 05:41 PM)OldSchoolGamer81 Wrote: i do have a question though ... what make emulating a game console that is 10+ years old this difficut .... you would think todays pc's are much stronger and faster than a ps2 ?
yeah its much stronger and faster but isnt much complex as ps2. Pc games are made to gpu intensive more. But pcsx2 is anemu which need a hefthy powerful pc.
Combined speed of PS2 hardware alone is 3.6Ghz (although this is just going off speeds, this isn't necessarily correct), then add on the emulation overhead which can be anything from 2-5 times that, you're talking 7.2-18Ghz to get perfect speed emulation on every game. This is of course if you run it all in sequence one after the other, which we have to with a lot of it. However some things like the GS and VU (part of anyway) we can run on a separate core, which means they can be run in parallel, so that helps a lot.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

18GHZ huh? I'll be back in 20 years....
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3