Config Settings Assistance
I've added an attachement below of my current configuration settings in order to better get assisted.

Comp Specs:

CPU: Q6600 Intel Core 2 Quad
GPU: GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition
RAM: 2.6 GB
HDD: 7200 RPM

Mounting .iso and running them via Daemon Tools

I followed the initial configuration guide, and left any graphical or sound settings at default, seeing as how I wanted to see how my computer ran pure default settings, and then I would see if I could boost it up any. Game runs @ 60 FPS on the main screen, but as soon as gameplay starts it kicks to ~ 40 FPS. I tried this with many different graphical and sound settings in both windowed and fullscreen mode, seeing as how the problem could be with both, and the problem still persists. I tried different speedhacks, all of which yielded no different result than the previous.

The only game I have thus far tested it on is FFX, I do plan on playing different games at some point in the future, but for the time being this is the only game I care about running properly.

If someone could take a look over my current configuration and make any suggestions, I would most appreciate it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Looks just about right. Your 2,4 Ghz of the processor is holding you back.
Do NOT mount the ISO in daemon tools (or any other external program). Just use the Linuz ISO plugin to read the image directly.

I suggest you use the latest beta: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta Has many speed boosts.
You never mentioned the game you are trying and that makes a huge difference. Also you should use DX10 hardware mode of GSdx if you're on Vista or Win 7
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-26-2009, 09:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: Looks just about right. Your 2,4 Ghz of the processor is holding you back.
Do NOT mount the ISO in daemon tools (or any other external program). Just use the Linuz ISO plugin to read the image directly.

I suggest you use the latest beta: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta Has many speed boosts.
You never mentioned the game you are trying and that makes a huge difference. Also you should use DX10 hardware mode of GSdx if you're on Vista or Win 7

Trying out FFX.
Using Win XP, so still on DX9.
I'll download the new beta and let you know how it goes.
Perhaps if you try overclocking, you may get the speeds you are looking for. From what I've read throughout the forums, 2.8-3ghz may do the trick.

The game you are playing is Final Fantasy 10 right?

EDIT: yea, ff10 is pretty fps hungry at times.
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
(10-26-2009, 10:17 PM)Xellon Wrote: Perhaps if you try overclocking, you may get the speeds you are looking for. From what I've read throughout the forums, 2.8-3ghz may do the trick.

The game you are playing is Final Fantasy 10 right?

EDIT: yea, ff10 is pretty fps hungry at times.

Just tried new version, same issue persists, but now it is crazy graphic issues.
People not being there, floors not being there, etc.. etc.. Just whole areas gone.
You're doing something wrong. Are you running the game via Run->Execute? You should use File->Run CD/DVD. Any error messages? Like update your directX and the sorts. Also are you now using the beta plugins?
(10-26-2009, 10:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: You're doing something wrong. Are you running the game via Run->Execute? You should use File->Run CD/DVD. Any error messages? Like update your directX and the sorts. Also are you now using the beta plugins?

Fun Fact:
My multiplier was running at 6x instead of 9x, I'm not sure how in the hell this happened, but apparently my CPU has been running at like 1600 ghz this whole time, so now I get a huge perfomance boost everywhere.

Tested out FFX on the non beta emulator, and it runs smooth as butter now Wink
Yeah that's called speedstep, it lowers the multiplier when the processor is not under load to save power. Sometimes it malfunctions Tongue
Hello,
I didn't want to come up to any site to nag people but I just can't configure my 0.9.6, I got an pentium quad and a 8800 gtx oc, xp sp3 running on it.
I can start the game and it works and all but the picture doesn't stop blinking, if you have any idea how I could configure it please send a mail.
Thanks a lot.
Use the latest beta. Frame skip with VU skip (in 0.9.6) is probably what's causing it... but it's best just to use the latest beta anyways.
[Image: 2748844.png]