Config help
Question 
I have tried everything and I can't get my FPS above 30. I need a configuration that will keep the graphics Mid resolution but boost my FPS. I won't accept anything below 55 minimum because of audio jitters. I do LPs for youtube.

Here are my machine specs (according to device manager)

Type: Laptop (ACPI x64 based PC)
Brand: HP
Model: HP 255 g1
Graphics card?: AMD Radeon HD 8330
Processer: Quad core AMD A4-5000 with Radeon HD graphics
Audio controler: Realtek HD audio / AMD HD audio device

Sponsored links

You're not going to hit full speed on that laptop.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-14-2017, 06:58 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You're not going to hit full speed on that laptop.

I'm not trying to hit full. I want to hit playable.
(01-14-2017, 07:23 AM)Buff55 Wrote: I'm not trying to hit full. I want to hit playable.

which you stated was 91% of full speed. Again, it's not going to happen on that laptop.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Hey Buff55, it's recommended to at least have a processor with a single thread performance rating over 1600 to get formidable performance in most games.

Unfortunately, your A4-5000 only seems to have a single thread performance rating of *586 which is rather low!

You could still play some small 2D games (Disgaea, Chess games, Bomber Man) at full speed with a single thread performance around 800 -1000 (personal experience from my older conroe micro-processor) but I'm not sure if *586 will cut it.

Honestly, you would have a much better experience with PCSX2 if you decide to invest on a desktop with a good processor. Thank you.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(01-14-2017, 08:02 AM)ssakash Wrote: Hey Buff55, it's recommended to at least have a processor with a single thread performance rating over 1600 to get formidable performance in most games.

Unfortunately, your A4-5000 only seems to have a single thread performance rating of *586 which is rather low!

You could still play some small 2D games (Disgaea, Chess games, Bomber Man) at full speed with a single thread performance around 800 -1000 (personal experience from my older conroe micro-processor) but I'm not sure if *586 will cut it.

Honestly, you would have a much better experience with PCSX2 if you decide to invest on a desktop with a good processor. Thank you.

Here's the funny thing though. I'm able to run a more complex game above full speed (Garry's Mod with over 400 addons running at the same time) I wonder if it's just the way the emulator handles the data that causing the lag. I know that changing an algorithm in the programs math would boost frames and make it lighter on the CPU. Had the same problem with Dolphin emu. Huh
PS Up PS Up PS Down PS Down PS Left PS Right PS Left PS Right PS - X PS - Circle PS Start
(01-14-2017, 02:34 PM)Buff55 Wrote: Here's the funny thing though. I'm able to run a more complex game above full speed (Garry's Mod with over 400 addons running at the same time) I wonder if it's just the way the emulator handles the data that causing the lag. I know that changing an algorithm in the programs math would boost frames and make it lighter on the CPU. Had the same problem with Dolphin emu. Huh

No, it's the nature of emulation.
You're better off playing on your PS2.
[Image: iq2O9Ya.jpg]
(01-14-2017, 02:34 PM)Buff55 Wrote: Here's the funny thing though. I'm able to run a more complex game above full speed (Garry's Mod with over 400 addons running at the same time) I wonder if it's just the way the emulator handles the data that causing the lag. I know that changing an algorithm in the programs math would boost frames and make it lighter on the CPU. Had the same problem with Dolphin emu. Huh
PS Up PS Up PS Down PS Down PS Left PS Right PS Left PS Right PS - X PS - Circle PS Start

Garry's mod isn't complex at all.
Wonder why ?
Because you run it

While you're emulating ps2 games.

Got it ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go