Configuration Diagnose
I'm soon buying new PC so I wonder if anyone has any pcsx2 benchmarks or experience with this configuration:

CPU: AMD AM3 Phenom x4 960T (locked) 3.0GHz
MB: Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2
RAM: DDR3 4GB 1333MHz Patriot Signature CL9
GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870 1GB GDDR5
Power Unit: 560W Blueberry

I would also appreciate if you don't post any configuration suggestions since I doubt I would be able to meet the budget requirements plus even if you offer mid-class low-priced components the chances are they are not available in my country. Thanks

P.S. The game(s) I'm most interested in are DBZ: Budokai series.

Sponsored links

It should be fine. You can also check these benchmark threads:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GPU-Bench...-for-PCSX2
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks for benchmarking mega topics. Also is it better to buy higher-clocked dual core or lower-clocked quad-core. The one I have money for are:
1) Phenom II X4 960T (3.0GHz)
2) Phenom II X2 565 (3.4GHz)
3) FX-4100 (3.6GHz)
Since I'll be mostly playing games I guess higher-clock is better than multi-core but if pcsx2 has benefits from greater number of cores and threads then I'll choose X4 960T since it also helps when rendering movies or 3d objects.
Do not get the FX, the Bulldozer series perform terribly with PCSX2. I'd go for the quad core since you would get some nice benefits with the new MTVU hack taking advantage of a third core. If you overclocked that to around 3,6 Ghz it would be great.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Too bad that board doesn't appear to have the necessary OC options.

Is there an alternative you can consider?
The cheapest Intel build would be faster than anything AMD has to offer.
It's of course a problem when you can't buy it for normal market prices.
Try to build something with Intel that fit your budget and post the result here, we'll analyze it for you. 99% chance it would be faster than the one you currently projected.
Well yeah, I could change the MB but I wanted to save cash on it so I can buy GTX560 or HD6850/6870 but if clock-speed is the greatest benefit for pcsx2 then I'd get MB with built-in OC capabilities. Though I'm not sure what I'd do about cooling (I don't have any experience with it) but then again, I might have to wait a bit more to buy that configuration xD How about this MB - MSI 760GM-P23-FX? It has core unlocking capability in case I get lucky with 960T additional cores. This is the most expensive I'm ready to fund MSI-870S-C45-FX

EDIT: @rama and naoan: The only intel cpu I can buy is i3-2100 @ 3.10GHz or eventually i5-2320 @ 3.0GHz (if it appears on sale) . But even then I'd have to buy different MB which would also increase the price in most cases. The AMD is a bit cheaper and I don't think that it's really a lot slower than i3/i5/i7 CPUs
I have myself the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P which is quite a good motherboard, alot of o/c possibilities, though it only works on DDR2 instead of 3, but it does support alot of AM3 cpu's Smile
And how does pcsx2 perform on your computer Strife since you have both Phenom CPU and 5770 which is basically the older 6870? You're my greatest reference Strife Laugh

EDIT: I've decided on the MSI motherboard since it has OC Genie technology and after I've watched a couple of reviews I saw that it can OC an i7 to 4.2 GHz on 1.4V voltage although it is an i7 after all. But still I believe it can get ~4GHz from Phenom 960T