Configuration Issue
Okay, so I am seriously wanting to get this emulator working. I have gotten a working PCSX emulator and a gamecube emulator, so I have slight experience, and have played through entire

games without issue on both. I am willing to go through a lot of effort to get this running, though I am NOT a programmer and wont understand all those 20 letter long acronyms but I can at

least do things when told step by step how to.

*IF ANYONE NEEDS ME TO POST MY PC SPECS I WILL DO SO*

Okay.... so, I downloaded PCSX2 from the link in the English Configuration Guide.

To explain my problem.

I installed PCSX2 with no apparent issues, its when I get to the configuration that the problem starts. I start up the program, it opens up a command window then a little popup, "PCSX2 needs

to be configured". If I try the default settings in the Configuration menu, I get the following error

"Could Not Load GS Plugin 'plugins'" <NULL>"

If I press OK, it reopens the Config window. If I try to press OK again, it gives me no error and goes to the main GUI where the big PCSX2 logo is.

So I have some ISO's for a God of War 2 game I wanted to test out, so I go up to File>Run CD/DVD thinking that is where I would go to run an ISO saved on my HDD.

I get the following sequence of errors, one after another if I press OK.

"Failed Loading MemoryCard from file: memcards\Mcd001.ps2"
"Failed Loading MemoryCard from file: memcards\Mcd002.ps2"
"Error Opening CDVD Plugin"

And then the popups close and it goes back to the main GUI.

What this lead me to believe (though I have not the slightest idea what I am doing, I am still semi-new to emulation) is that some certain files were missing from the directories it was using

and that was why it was "failing to load" them.

So, I checked my C:\Program Files\PCSX2 folder and here is what I found exactly, in case this might help.

C:\Program Files\PCSX2

\bios
-rom1.bin
-scph10000.bin
-scph10000.NVM
\dumps
(this folder is empty)
\inis
(this folder is empty)
\Langs
(too many to list and I dont think the languages are important to this)
\logs
(this folder is empty)
\memcards
(this folder is empty)
\patches
(196 different .pnach files that are all random letter/number combinations as filenames)
\plugins
-cdvdGigaherz.dll
-CDVDiso.dll
-CDVDnull.dll
-cdvdPeops.dll
-DEV9null.dll
-FWnull.dll
-GSdx-sse2.dll
-GSdx-sse4.dll
-GSdx-ssse3.dll
-LilyPad.dll
-PadSSSPSX.dll
-spu2PeopsSound.dll
-SPU2-X-1.1.dll
-USBnull.dll
-ZeroGS.dll
-ZeroSPU2.dll
\snap
(this folder is empty)
\sstates
(this folder is empty)

-gnu_gettext.dll
-pcsx2 0.9.6.exe
-PCSX2 FAQ 0.9.6.pdf
-PCSX2 readme 0.9.6.pdf

Thats all of it, minus the patch files that are too numerous to write and the language folders that I dont think are important enough to list.

I think it may have something to do with all those "this folder is empty" situations, particularly the "\memcards" folder where I believe there is supposed to be a
mcd001.ps2 and mcd002.ps2 or something like that and I do not have those.

I suppose I should list my computer specs. (as directly copied from DirectX Diagnostic)

AMD Phenom™ 9750 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.4ghz
8184MB RAM
DirectX 10
Windows Vista Home Premium
ATI Radeon HD 4650

Sponsored links

From the FAQ:

FAQ Wrote:My settings are not being saved / Error creating memcard

Right click on pcsx2.exe and select 'Run as administrator' (Vista / Windows 7 only) and/or install PCSX2 on a folder you have rights to write (like My Documents)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Did you update your DirectX 9.0c? Im pretty sure in the plugins forum -> gsdx there are the links for the 2 things you will need to update. Thats usually the cause of most gsdx errors that people get
Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB
(02-28-2010, 09:14 PM)felix66 Wrote: Did you update your DirectX 9.0c? Im pretty sure in the plugins forum -> gsdx there are the links for the 2 things you will need to update. Thats usually the cause of most gsdx errors that people get

Lol, he said windows vista, not xp, he needs the latest for directx 10.1
If not, it sure must be the administrative privileges.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
What about the fact that the memcard folders are totally empty and there should be the Mcd001 and Mcd002.ps2 files?
OMFG the run as administrator was all I had to do... wow I should really learn to try that first before I go through all the trouble I did to write all of that useless crap I did up top. Thank you very much, this forum is very reliable. I will be sure to come back if ever I have issues again.
Now.... why is my emulator running a Japanese playstation? I think I did something severely wrong.
Because your PS2 console was a Japanese one, thus the BIOS you use is one. Else you pirated it and for that you will get warned and not get any further support here.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-01-2010, 05:11 PM)ikazu Wrote:
(02-28-2010, 09:14 PM)felix66 Wrote: Did you update your DirectX 9.0c? Im pretty sure in the plugins forum -> gsdx there are the links for the 2 things you will need to update. Thats usually the cause of most gsdx errors that people get

Directx 10.1 is an ATI specific update that does little from what I recall.
Regardless I never had the administrative privileges problem, despite installing multiple revisions of pcsx2 on different computers running vista or 7. interesting to know if I run into that problem.
Laptop
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM

Desktop
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB
(03-02-2010, 12:16 AM)felix66 Wrote:

Regardless I never had the administrative privileges problem, despite installing multiple revisions of pcsx2 on different computers running vista or 7. interesting to know if I run into that problem.

hmm u can't specify that directx 10.1 is only an update for ATI. Because NVidia also support it (like mine ^^)
It's an update to several Graphics Card for enchancing the "looks" presented by each manufacturer.

(03-01-2010, 10:11 PM)free hearts Wrote: Now.... why is my emulator running a Japanese playstation? I think I did something severely wrong.

U used the japanase version of bios. Dump the bios from USA version of PS2, cause here doesn't support pirated(stolen) bios
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(03-02-2010, 11:09 AM)ikazu Wrote:
(03-02-2010, 12:16 AM)felix66 Wrote:

hmm u can't specify that directx 10.1 is only an update for ATI. Because NVidia also support it (like mine ^^)
It's an update to several Graphics Card for enchancing the "looks" presented by each manufacturer.

(03-01-2010, 10:11 PM)free hearts Wrote: Now.... why is my emulator running a Japanese playstation? I think I did something severely wrong.

U used the japanase version of bios. Dump the bios from USA version of PS2, cause here doesn't support pirated(stolen) bios

Regardless, when my friend explained it to me he essentially said it was worthless. I think I saw one game that let you select it? Most simply had directx 10. Oh well. On to 11 now lol.
Laptop
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM

Desktop
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB