Configuration crash!
Hello to everyone,
my name's Andrea and I've got a PCSX2 configuration crash problem and I hope someone can help me to solve it.
Before speaking of it, I must tell You I think it is not a problem of OS or Visual Basic Runtimes, since I installed every Visual Basic runtime library (both in x86 and x64), from VBrun 5 to 2015 onto Windows 10 x64, but this occurs even onto Windows 7.
I've tried onto two PCs, an ASUS G750JX notebook, and a custom PC with:

1. Windows 10 x64
2. 32Gb Ram
3. AMD9590FX cpu
4. Nvidia 980 Ti AMP gpu
5. Asus Xonar sound card
6. Asus Sabertooth 990 motherboard

Here's the problem: when I launch the emulator, no matter which version it is, after choosing its language (but even leaving System Default is the same), at the plugin configuration screen, both trying to configure them and leaving everything untouched, it appears a message, telling me PCSX2 has stopped working and I am obliged to close it.
Launching it again, the same problem occurs again; I think I've tried everything and I do not know what more I can do! It MUST be a solution, but what is it?
Thank You in advance to anyone who can help me!

Sponsored links

since pcsx2 never needed Visual Basic runtimes, I guess the problem is different...
Can you please show us the error ? (screenshot it)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Delete the GSDX-AVX2 plugin
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-13-2017, 04:20 PM)jesalvein Wrote: since pcsx2 never needed Visual Basic runtimes, I guess the problem is different...
Can you please show us the error ? (screenshot it)

Here's the screenshot! By the way, deleting the GSDX plugin does not solve this problem; however, thanks to the user who suggested me to do like that!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

tried updating directx ?
oh, and delete the GSDX-AVX too
(04-13-2017, 04:50 PM)refraction Wrote: Delete the GSDX-AVX2 plugin
Maybe You mean gsdx32-avx2.dll form the plugins directory? Done, but the issue still remains!
If You have other suggestions, please, may You help me? Otherwise, thanks for Your hint!
Hmm I'm sure it's related. Try updating your direct x first as jesalvein suggested, if that doesn't work, try downloading a git build from our downloads section
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Or maybe the translation (mo) files ?
(04-14-2017, 11:51 AM)gregory Wrote: Or maybe the translation (mo) files ?

if that was the case, wouldn't the emulator crash before this screen ?
Not sure. The crash might depends on the printed string. But you're right it is unlikely to be that.