Configuration directory name change from pcsx2 to PCSX2
I can't find the respective commit, the change happens as my distro (Manjaro Linux) upgrades pcsx2 from 1.2.X to 1.3.X. It makes me panicked as I think I've lost my memory card contents.

Anyway, why does this change happen? I see that 1.3.X contains a lot of new features (OpenCL in GSDS for instance) so I'm thinking whether renaming old configuration directory to the new one will simply work, or do I need to do some porting?

Sponsored links

Rename will be fine

It was a bug sometimes we had a mix of uppercase/lowercase. No the conf is always uppercase (if I remember correctly). By the way openCL was not ported to linux.
And OpenCL is not working. But there were a couple of other improvements recently.
(03-11-2015, 07:18 PM)gregory Wrote: Rename will be fine

It was a bug sometimes we had a mix of uppercase/lowercase. No the conf is always uppercase (if I remember correctly).
OK, that's scary...
(03-11-2015, 07:18 PM)gregory Wrote: By the way openCL was not ported to linux.
Oh, I didn't try it, though. I still believe OpenGL (hardware) gives the best performance ATM because OpenCL has just appeared in the recent commits. As with the case with OpenGL (hardware) that takes years before kicking out OpenGL (software).