Configuration issues
Shocked 
Hello.

First, I would like to apologize for creating another topic.Maybe it is useless and I'm sure the solution of my problem should stand somewhere in the forum but I don't find it.

I browsed the forum during a long moment and I'm quite sure my PC should run correctly (around 40 fps, I guess) more game than it actually does.

My drivers are the last possible ones. Only my bios is one year old, but I don't think it can be part of the actual issue.

I can understand than games like Disgaea or Makai Kingdom run well, because they're not very sophisticated, graphically, but I can't understand why Final Fantasy XII runs almost perfectly (some problems with videos, but, no big deal) but that (crappy) games like bloody roar 3 run at 8 fps.

My system specs are :

Motherboard : Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
Processor : DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 Black Edition, 3215 MHz (16 x 201) 6400+
Memory : 2GB of DDR2
Graphic Card : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT 512 Mo

The graphic plugin I use is Gsdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14. I usually use the hardware renderer when I run a game, but it make some of them crash. If the software renderer is slower, some of my games only run (but weakly) with it.

Does somebody know what can be the problem with my PC ? And sorry if you answered the question many times. just give me the link and I'll shut up. =)

Thank you for your attention. =)

Sponsored links

need updated plugins (go to plugins section for that, they're not easy to miss) get the latest beta from the downloads area. (I may upload a rev that doesn't have the bug we've seen in newer ones since that's most likely the cause if you're using the new one.

as far as I know, this is the one right before that bug hit, it's unmodified, simply svn compiled.

edit: ok, so they see fit to remove a pre game-crippling build, someone official want to re-upload the old beta then?
(08-09-2009, 10:59 AM)PSTQ Wrote: Hello.

First, I would like to apologize for creating another topic.Maybe it is useless and I'm sure the solution of my problem should stand somewhere in the forum but I don't find it.

I browsed the forum during a long moment and I'm quite sure my PC should run correctly (around 40 fps, I guess) more game than it actually does.

My drivers are the last possible ones. Only my bios is one year old, but I don't think it can be part of the actual issue.

I can understand than games like Disgaea or Makai Kingdom run well, because they're not very sophisticated, graphically, but I can't understand why Final Fantasy XII runs almost perfectly (some problems with videos, but, no big deal) but that (crappy) games like bloody roar 3 run at 8 fps.

My system specs are :

Motherboard : Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
Processor : DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 Black Edition, 3215 MHz (16 x 201) 6400+
Memory : 2GB of DDR2
Graphic Card : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT 512 Mo

The graphic plugin I use is Gsdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14. I usually use the hardware renderer when I run a game, but it make some of them crash. If the software renderer is slower, some of my games only run (but weakly) with it.

Does somebody know what can be the problem with my PC ? And sorry if you answered the question many times. just give me the link and I'll shut up. =)

Thank you for your attention. =)

Some games do weird things that the emulator doesn't handle very well.

For example, one of the graphics plugins authors (Gabest?) mentioned a game that rendered some text or something in a non-standard order, and this caused the plugin to kill a lot of time because it wasn't intended to handle the operations in that particular order.

Stuff like this is rather common, and will (hopefully) be fixed in a future release. In the meantime, you can check the sticky'ed GSDX thread for the latest version and hope you have better luck Tongue
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
bloody roar 3 should be fine. I've played 4 on my system with the 8400 and it was ok, but not played it since the bug hit, I figure this is probably a good pace to start.

(this was the last rev I played 4 on, and it was playing fine, 3 is very similar
(08-09-2009, 11:05 AM)Saiki Wrote: edit: ok, so they see fit to remove a pre game-crippling build, someone official want to re-upload the old beta then?

Please dont upload unofficial builds.

And that wasnt even an old official beta btw, please just dont upload them Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
eh.. I have the old beta still, I'll have to dig it up then. I don't know where exactly the bug hit, but that was the known GOOD build I have and yes, that was the last one I have that was pre-bugged, it's the newest old-but-good build I have

well, the build I have beta is even further back, I didn't grab the one later on cause I was building after this, 1298 is the last build I personally compiled that Iknow works, but.. here's the beta BEFORE that, about 100 revisions back

Attached Files
.zip   pcsx2-beta-1190.zip (Size: 917,53 KB / Downloads: 176)
Saiki, if you're going to refer to an official beta, just link to it rather than uploading it as an attachment. Not that your untrustworthy, but safety can't be guaranteed and there's no point if you can just link to the official release.

Actually I just realized they don't provide links for old betas, only the information of each beta remains ^__^;
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
that's an old official beta, they don't keep them on the site, or I would just link to them. since they don't keep them around on the site, we're forced to use latest or stable, stable is slower, but the new one cripples games. (and it only gets worse as the revisions go up (at least up to 1607 which is the last one I checked) )