Controller Setup
Soooo I'm having a bit of a problem setting up my DS3 with my computer. I'm using the Scarlet Crush XInput Wrapper that I've heard is recommended and I ran the driver installation with it, but it didn't seem to work because when I check the status of the controller it still says it's disconnected and the four lights on the controller keep blinking.

I am on a Windows 8 (64bit) pc and I'm only trying to use this tool to run the controller without bluetooth, so I'm running it entirely plugged in.

Am I doing something wrong? I am kindof new to this stuff so I am most likely making some kind of stupid mistake.

Sponsored links

Sorry for bumping this but I'm still stuck on this problem even though I've followed the instructions as close as I could. Should I use another driver tool or something?
(08-18-2013, 05:14 AM)Butterfinger Wrote: Sorry for bumping this but I'm still stuck on this problem even though I've followed the instructions as close as I could. Should I use another driver tool or something?

I'll be honest, I don't know crap about the scarlet driver. Many people say it's a simpler (and better, which I can certainly see why) solution to using DS3 on PC but I've yet to try it.

I still use Motion-in-joy personally. Unfortunately, the driver is a bit buggy at times, and the configuration tool is nothing short of a pop-up ad generator... but if you get past those things I've had no real issues with it myself.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-18-2013, 07:11 AM)Koji Wrote: I'll be honest, I don't know crap about the scarlet driver. Many people say it's a simpler (and better, which I can certainly see why) solution to using DS3 on PC but I've yet to try it.

I still use Motion-in-joy personally. Unfortunately, the driver is a bit buggy at times, and the configuration tool is nothing short of a pop-up ad generator... but if you get past those things I've had no real issues with it myself.

I tried to use motion-in-joy before, it's not the worst thing, but it is buggy as you said. I've heard the Scarlet Crush one recommended over it pretty unanimously. Motioninjoy setup is so much easier to set up though.

Any idea why this one wouldn't be working for me?
Unfortunately no, as I've said I've only used the motion in joy. It may simply be that your bluetooth adapter isn't compatible with it. Many aren't. Have you tried using the controller wired? It's not ideal, but it would at least tell you if the drivers are installed properly.
[Image: 2748844.png]
better to ask for help in scarlet.crush's original thread in tools/applications/homebrew section
u'll surely get some solution there !
(08-18-2013, 01:24 PM)Preet Wrote: better to ask for help in scarlet.crush's original thread in tools/applications/homebrew section
u'll surely get some solution there !

I'll give that a try!

(08-18-2013, 10:48 AM)Koji Wrote: Unfortunately no, as I've said I've only used the motion in joy. It may simply be that your bluetooth adapter isn't compatible with it. Many aren't. Have you tried using the controller wired? It's not ideal, but it would at least tell you if the drivers are installed properly.

Yeah, I'm actually only using it wired. I dont' have a bluetooth adaptor haha