Controller set up?
Ok I'm just about done setting this up. I configured my controllers but can't get the x axis up and down to work. I see the controls in windows and they work when I collaborate them. Is there something I'm missing to get up and down working on the x axis or right analog stick? Thanks

Sponsored links

(12-09-2012, 10:55 PM)Mrmikey73 Wrote: Ok I'm just about done setting this up. I configured my controllers but can't get the x axis up and down to work. I see the controls in windows and they work when I collaborate them. Is there something I'm missing to get up and down working on the x axis or right analog stick? Thanks

Windows 8? If so there is a problem with the gauge showing correctly but the controller works with DirectInput anyway. It should work in Lilypad whatever windows version.

You can test it at the Lilypad General window, highlight it and click "test Device", you should see the numbers changing in the corresponding position in the list.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Ok I'll try that. It's only xp64 not 8.
Ok so I tried the test in lily pad and it did show up and values changed when I moved the right analog stick. When I'm in a game I get nothing but side to side with right analog stick. I've tried on tombraider legends, god of war2, and justice league. Are these games not meant to have up and down with right analog stick. I thought for sure tombraider that's how you looked around. And god of war2 side to side I can roll but up and down gives me nothing. Thanks
(12-10-2012, 02:36 AM)Mrmikey73 Wrote: Ok so I tried the test in lily pad and it did show up and values changed when I moved the right analog stick. When I'm in a game I get nothing but side to side with right analog stick. I've tried on tombraider legends, god of war2, and justice league. Are these games not meant to have up and down with right analog stick. I thought for sure tombraider that's how you looked around. And god of war2 side to side I can roll but up and down gives me nothing. Thanks

don't have any these games but I know that some games just ignore the right stick completely, some use it to rotate the camera in the two axis, some with limited actuation in the vertical axis and those with horizontal rotation and no vertical actuation at all.

Some might allow moving the character by any the two sticks... so yes. Depend on the game how they are used.

Edit: God of War 1 uses the up and down on the right stick, but can't say how it is on GoW 2.

Some gamepads have an "analog" button that must have it's LED lit while configuring Lilypad, otherwise the configuration will be incorrect.
Thanks, I just unplugged the wireless USB for both controllers and plugged them back in then reconfigured the controls and now works perfect. Thanks again.
(12-10-2012, 02:58 AM)Mrmikey73 Wrote: Thanks, I just unplugged the wireless USB for both controllers and plugged them back in then reconfigured the controls and now works perfect. Thanks again.

hmm, telling they are wireless already in the first post could have helped Smile

I would tell you to replug then and to perform their initialization, if needed.

PS: once initialized, that USB piece keeps the information even when the computer is shutdown but may become confused in case of complete power failure... or when removed and reinserted. From your information seems yours does that initialization automatically, some may need special procedures to resync.
Sorry should've mentioned wireless. Small problem I'm still having seems game related though. If I get the triangle button working in god of war 2 then the right axis up and down don't work. If the right axis works then triangle doesn't it acts like I'm pressing right axis because the guy rolls instead of attacking. In tomb raider with right axis working the triangle does what it's suppose to when around objects but when nothing around she just runs in a circle pressing triangle. Triangle works with most games just seems to be acting weird in a few games. Anyone have these games to test. Thanks
(12-10-2012, 04:13 AM)Mrmikey73 Wrote: Sorry should've mentioned wireless. Small problem I'm still having seems game related though. If I get the triangle button working in god of war 2 then the right axis up and down don't work. If the right axis works then triangle doesn't it acts like I'm pressing right axis because the guy rolls instead of attacking. In tomb raider with right axis working the triangle does what it's suppose to when around objects but when nothing around she just runs in a circle pressing triangle. Triangle works with most games just seems to be acting weird in a few games. Anyone have these games to test. Thanks

Surely is not a problem with the game or the plugin, people have talked about it many times and not once was reported such issues.

Try removing one the controllers and reconfiguring the buttons. If you get it right, try including the second one once again.

What reminds me, how are you configuring them just now? how are the controllers plugged into the comp? using two USB ports or an adapter.

These apparent insignificant details may make all the difference.

PS: Another thing, please include screenshots of the general tab, pad1 and pad 2 tabs. At this point is better stopping the guessing game and looking to what is really being done.

Heres a pic of my controller setup any ideas of what im doing wrong?