Controller stopped working with update
New to this forum. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered. But I've been using PCSX2 for a couple months now, but recently my controller stopped working. Under Settings > Controller > Global Settings, I can see the controller under "Detected Devices." When I unplug from the USB, it disappears, and when I plug it back in it appears. "SDL-0: HID-compliant game controller". But it no longer works, and when I go to Controller Port 1, and click on bindings, it won't detect the controller. I tested the controller in another program and it works fine, so I don't think it's a Windows issue. Any help?

Sponsored links

Hi!
The exact same thing happened to me.
Rolling back to v1.7.4163 fixed the problem. It would be great to pinpoint that one pivotal update causing the issue.
(03-31-2023, 02:25 PM)Octachoron Wrote: Hi!
The exact same thing happened to me.
Rolling back to v1.7.4163 fixed the problem. It would be great to pinpoint that one pivotal update causing the issue.

I also rolled back to an earlier version (but even earlier than that), which also fixed the problem for me.
One of this month's update is the culprit.
if you could narrow it down to where it broke, maybe start with recent versions, that would be helpful

Also what does your controller identify as?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-31-2023, 07:21 PM)refraction Wrote: if you could narrow it down to where it broke, maybe start with recent versions, that would be helpful

Also what does your controller identify as?

After rolling it back to a previous version, the controller identifies as "SDL-0: L-TEK Dance Pad PRO" (for DDR). But when I was having issues, it wasn't identifying as this, it was instead saying "SDL-0: HID-compliant game controller". I've tried downloading the most recent version of PCSX2, but it seems to show up and work now when I do that. So, I guess the issue might involve the actual update process? Or I'm not checking correctly?
not sure, but if it's working on the latest version now, I'll take it!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-31-2023, 07:54 PM)refraction Wrote: not sure, but if it's working on the latest version now, I'll take it!

Hi!

v1.7.4309(latest) works like a charm, the auto detect feature is back. I really want to thank you guys for all your efforts.