Controller woes
Good afternoon!

I am running into a controller issue and I'm not sure how to solve it. The emulator seems to be picking up the controller just fine, I can register inputs and all that jazz, but when I try to use it in any game the inputs don't register. I have tried both the stable and nightly iterations of PCSX2 and managed to get the controller to work a grand total of one time on the nightly iteration yesterday. I did allow the nightly to update this morning, and the controller stopped working again. I downloaded the iteration I used yesterday and tried running that again but I'm back to square one with the controller still not registering inputs specifically in game.

If there is a better way I can articulate this issue to help facilitate problem solving, please let me know, but as of now I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Sponsored links

Make sure that nothing else that may be using the controller is running, (ie steam)

Provide specific information about your controller as well as how you have configured it. Screenshots of the actual config window would help a lot.

Enable logging and post emulog when problem occurs.
I am using a PS5 controller

Using the automatic mapping feature seems to have worked, although I'm not sure why manually mapping it didn't work. The problem seems to be solved now though, thank you for your help!