Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting NTSC to PAL?
Question 
OK here is the problem:
I could not get WWE SVR 2010 in PAL format, so imported the NTSC version. Now it runs much slower as compared to other PAL games even if the FPS is same. For example, SVR 2009 PAL runs at 30 fps but appears much smoother as compared to SVR 2010 NTSC at 30 fps.
So I tried this NTSC to PAL converter spread across the web, it patches the ISO currectly, but when I start PCSX2, I see in the console that it says DVD region is NTSC. For other PAL games it says its PAL. So can anyone help me out?

Sponsored links

I believe the NTSC to PAL converter is just a loader that converts NTSC signal to PAL. Anyways, I suggest trying it w/ a USA/NTSC bios to see if you get better results. As to how you get such a thing is up to you.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
Well my PS2 is PAL so I got the PAL BIOS by dumping. I got the NTSC BIOS but it didn't help at all. Is there no other way?
getting the pal version would be the best way, I guess :
http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Smackdown-vs-2...403&sr=8-3
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
Try using speedhacks?
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
Speedhacks are already ON, they don't help much. I was still not sure whether it being NTSC was the issue. Are you guys absolutely sure PAL version will run fast? I have already spent some money on NTSC, so I am a bit skeptical.
My experience suggests the same, both 2006 and 2010 are PAL versions and they run slower.
Is it because, PAL games run at 50 fps, so running them at 30 fps is much better than running 60 fps NTSC games at 30 fps? Does it make sense? If someone can confirm this, I will order the PAL version.
No, it doesn't go like that. If you get 30 fps on the NTSC version, it's 50%. If you get 30 Fps on the PAL it's a bit more but still it is still 30 fps. Your speed doesn't change, only the percentage until full speed. Of course there could be differences in the 2 versions of the game, for example some PAL games could have internal frame skipping or other tricks, but that is usually not the case. Your best bet would be to borrow the game and test it out I guess, if it feels faster then buy it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-06-2010, 11:37 AM)Bositman Wrote: If you get 30 Fps on the PAL it's a bit more but still it is still 30 fps.
Yeah, but its more as compared to full speed of that game. For example if you run a PAL game at 60 FPS, it runs faster than normal. But running a NTSC game at 60 FPS will seem normal. So 30 FPS of PAL game should be more playable as compared to 30 FPS of NTSC. I guess people with low end systems should look for PAL versions when emulating.

(09-06-2010, 11:37 AM)Bositman Wrote: Your best bet would be to borrow the game and test it out I guess, if it feels faster then buy it.

Hmmm no one I know has it. I think I will find a used copy or a rental, but its a rare chance.

There should be some file on the ISO that differentiate the PAL version from NTSC, if I can get and fix that, then I can convert my NTSC game into PAL one.
Huh? No you don't change a NTSC game to PAL or vice versa by changing a file. Except if you want to 'trick' PCSX2 into thinking it's a PAL game which would only result in setting the frame limiter to 50 fps, which you can already do on your own anyway.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hmmm Okay. Guess I will look for PAL version of the game, or just wait for 2011 to release and buy its PAL version. Till then I can keep playing 2009.