Core -  [Bug Report] Shaun Murray's Pro Wakeboarder [PAL]
#PCSX2 version: v1.4.0 Stable & v1.5.0-dev-365
# CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults (also tested EE/IOP clamping to Full and VUs clamping to Extra+Preserve sign), SuperVU. interpreter, kitchen sink
# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.16 rev 5334 (hardware and software, dx10), SPU2-X v2 rev 5324
# Description: Major graphical errors.
- Needs VU XGkick gamefix and OpenGL Hardware depth to see even part of the game.
- Flashing spikes in the water and sky, this can be bypassed by setting the VU Clamping to extra.

Even with all this graphical errors still occur, and effects seem to be missing.

The bottom of the screen isn't rendered right at higher than native scaling, similar to the Richard Burns Rally bug (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSDX-Upsc...urns-Rally), but the game is running at 640x527 and the scaling fix doesn't seem to help.

Sponsored links

Wow thats a lot of EE Sync, is SuperVU the same?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Like I said in the OP setting VU1 to SuperVU or interpreter crashes PCSX2(and changing VU0 doesn't make a difference). Wink
oh sorry I missed that lol. Okay, damn ;p

Did it ever work ok?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-23-2016, 02:06 AM)refraction Wrote: oh sorry I missed that lol. Okay, damn ;p

Did it ever work ok?
Not as far as I know. I tried 1.2.1, but the same thing happened.
Forgive me for off topic!

FlatOut, I just wanted to say that we really appreciate your testing. You are the most active tester we have currently. It's really helpful, it saves the devs from having to stop deving and run the tests themselves and things like that. So I just wanted to thank you for your work and let you know it's appreciated!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-22-2016, 09:03 PM)FlatOut Wrote: The bottom of the screen isn't rendered right at higher than native scaling, similar to the Richard Burns Rally bug (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSDX-Upsc...urns-Rally), but the game is running at 640x527 and the scaling fix doesn't seem to help.

By scaling fix do you mean my TC_Scaling branch ? it looks fine here.

Master branch (Texture cache disabled)

[Image: Screenshot11c3d17.png]

TC_Scaling branch (Texture cache disabled)

[Image: Screenshot10.png]

From my observation, this game seems to suffer lots of core issues and also issues with the texture cache.

Strangely the software mode looks far worse than the hardware mode ( texture cache disabled). so I assume there are still some core issues needed to be dealt with it.
@Blyss Sarania: Thanks for the very kind words. It's nice to know I'm appreciated. Smile

@ssakash: Yes, that branch. But what looks fine? Both screenshots you posted still show the bottom of the screen issue.

And how does the software mode looks far worse then the hardware mode? All of the issues I've seen in software mode are also in hardware mode.
(02-23-2016, 04:23 PM)FlatOut Wrote: @ssakash: Yes, that branch. But what looks fine? Both screenshots you posted still show the bottom of the screen issue.

TC_Scaling branch at 2X native produces the same result as the native resolution when replaying the dump. it's just that the screenshot looks a bit bad. also I assume the stretching of water drifts on the bottom screenshot is actually an intended effect ? ( not sure, maybe try comparing with the PS2 ? )

when I checked, the problem on upscaling resolutions was the black extended part of the skateboard. which doesn't appear on TC_Scaling branch.

Try adding the following line of code to GSTextureCache.cpp on both master and TC_Scaling branch so you can easily compare the difference.

Code:
#define DISABLE_HW_TEXTURE_CACHE

Quote:And how does the software mode looks far worse then the hardware mode? All of the issues I've seen in software mode are also in hardware mode.

Yes, both of them suffer the same issues. but when you add the above mentioned line most of the issues at HW mode are gone. ( at least they're gone while replaying via dump , I'm not sure you get the same effect while playing the game)

I'm changing the thread prefix to Core for addressing the core issues as priority,
(02-23-2016, 05:25 PM)ssakash Wrote: TC_Scaling branch at 2X native produces the same result as the native resolution when replaying the dump. it's just that the screenshot looks a bit bad. also I assume the stretching of water drifts on the bottom screenshot is actually an intended effect ? ( not sure, maybe try comparing with the PS2 ? )

when I checked, the problem on upscaling resolutions was the black extended part of the skateboard. which doesn't appear on TC_Scaling branch.

Try adding the following line of code to GSTextureCache.cpp on both master and TC_Scaling branch so you can easily compare the difference.

Code:
#define DISABLE_HW_TEXTURE_CACHE

Yes, both of them suffer the same issues. but when you add the above mentioned line most of the issues at HW mode are gone. ( at least they're gone while replaying via dump , I'm not sure you get the same effect while playing the game)
The stretching of the screen is the entire bottom section of the screen, not just the water drifts/black extension:
I took a screenshot on a ramp for clearer results:
3x native:
[attachment=59203]
1x native:
[attachment=59204]

I already disabled the texture cache(I removed the comment // in config.h instead), shouldn't that work the same? How did you remove the redlines with TC off?