Could anybody help me with Fine-Tuning PCSX2 for my RIG?
Hey there guys. I've read some PCSX2 configuration guides, but I'm really new to this and don't know much about it. I could really use soem help to fine-tune my pcsx2 with some advanced settings to milk my system.

Here's my computer.

My specs are:
Physical Ram: 8GB
Cpu Name:Intel I5 Runnign at 4.5 per core.
Graphic Card: Radeon 6950 Turbo ICEQ Edition

Any help is really, really appreciated!

Oh, I would like to add, I'm mainly Playing the Ratchet and clank games (These are top priority), along with various RPG'S (Valkyrie profile, Final Fantasy's, etc etc)

Sponsored links

There really is no 'fine-tuning', overall configuration is very game dependant. With your system you will be able to run many of the more demanding games at the settings in my sig, imo that's optimal quality for games that work well with it. But many games will require tweaks to get around minor issues or stubborn slowdowns. Ratchet and Clank in particular have a major issue with the textures that has yet to be fixed in HW mode. Your only other option is SW mode which will look like it was intended on the ps2. In other words *****.

Regarding speedhacks I have INTC, Loop, mVU and MTVU ticked by default, disabling them only when they cause issues.
Gsdx: http://i.imgur.com/udhPu.png

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i5-3570k @ 3.40Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 DirectCU II
8Gb Ram
Ahh, so it's going to be a game-by-game basis based on compatability. Makes sense, I ran a few other programs which are similar.

Well, thanks for lettin' me know sooner rather than later, that saves me a lot of time searching for one god-like setting, when I need to set them up on a game-by-game basis.
Well like I said the config in my sig is my personal god-like setting, but it's only infallible to a select number of games. Most just need a hw hack or 2 and some experience fps drops at 6x native res. I took a habit of writing them down. My library is limited so I can't help you with every possible configuration, but that's what this forum and wiki are for.
Gsdx: http://i.imgur.com/udhPu.png

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i5-3570k @ 3.40Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 DirectCU II
8Gb Ram
Even with my stuff the only game I seem to have issues with are the Xenosaga games. Badly written games take more to run then others. Those are some of them. Haven't tried my Star Ocean 3 yet. I hear that takes some good stuff. I can run Valkyrie Profile really well. Also Odin Sphere. I don't really do anything special with my stuff. You should be fine.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

(12-01-2012, 10:09 PM)JobeStroud Wrote: Even with my stuff the only game I seem to have issues with are the Xenosaga games. Badly written games take more to run then others. Those are some of them. Haven't tried my Star Ocean 3 yet. I hear that takes some good stuff. I can run Valkyrie Profile really well. Also Odin Sphere. I don't really do anything special with my stuff. You should be fine.

Wow.. jobestroud... you have almost exactly the same gamerig i have..

Only difference i have an HD6870 instead of nvidia;..

its an AMD + AMD package deal here hehe..

What i like to know is, don't you have broken graphics issues with Valkyrie profile 2 once you leave the city ... in the forest ... firts well dungeon when you start the game ?

Realy , i have one huge red collored screen wiht distorted square boxes !!!

VP2= unplayable for me ...

The framerate is fullspeed though but the graphics issues are just an let down!!!!

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
(12-01-2012, 11:52 PM)Metagondria Wrote: Realy , i have one huge red collored screen wiht distorted square boxes !!!

VP2= unplayable for me ...

it's known. use software mode for VP2's forest
(12-02-2012, 04:11 AM)Saiki Wrote: it's known. use software mode for VP2's forest

Tried that already, both DX9 & DX11 ... = no USE !!!

maybe ati screwing up opengl driver again !

I still remember how hard it was to get rid of the glitches in FFVIII + epsxe !!
Ofcourse the ati gpu drivers were to blame for !!
I needed to copy a few old dll files from an old ati driver packages back to epsxe folder to get it to work properly !!

Go figure!!

iam glad i still have 2 psp with video/audio output ... not the 1001E crapp for me !!

Also, i did need to use those gpu hacks because of vertical banding in VP2 !!

oh well...

Thanks for the pointers though... will try it again in software mode but with different emu settings !!

cherriepoopers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1