Could not load GS plugin - Ubuntu (Linux)
Hi, I am running 64-bit Ubuntu 9.10, and have tried installing pcsx2 through both a .deb and by source. When I try to run it, I get the following message:

"Could Not Load GS Plugin '/home/daniel/.pcsx2/plugins/": /home/daniel/.pcsx2/plugins/: cannot read file data: Is a directory"

and the console outputs this:

libCg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libCg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

pcsx2 will open, and I'm unable to select/see anything under the Graphics section, the list is empty. I pointed the plugins directory to the right folder, and it can't seem to find anything.

Any help would be appreciated Smile

Sponsored links

are there any files in the Plugin folder? such as a GSd9.dll or similar named file?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
You should install Nvidia Cg Toolkit package.
Nvidia Cg Toolkit package is already installed, and there are files in the plugin folder but none with that name. There's 10 or so lib... files with .so extensions? And three files starting with cfg
well, than why it could not be used? Maybe you use non-proprietary drivers? Yes, plugins directory should contain several .so files and several cfg* ones
Uhhh, I think i'm using proprietary drivers
Than remove all plugins from plugins directory and put just only one inside (SPUnull, for example). If it appeared in configuration menu, add following, etc.
Okay I did that, and still nothing under graphics. Maybe I'm missing the plugin? Here's all the files in my plugins folder:
cfgCDVDlinuz, cfgFWnull, cfgUSBnull, libCDVDlinuz.so, libCDCDnull.so, libDEV9null.so, libFWnull.so, libSPU2null.so, libspu2PeopsOSS.so.1.6, libUSBnull.so, libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2, libZeroPAD.so.0.1.0, libZeroSPU2.so.0.1.0, ps2hw.dat
ZeroGS should appear, shouldn't it?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
I don't use Linux, but have you tried swapping the '.so' extension around with the version number?
Like umm...
libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2 ---> libZeroGSoglr.0.96.2.so
Could be why the plugin isn't showing up.
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.