Could someone help me with my FPS?
Hey, I am new user to the PCSX2 and I am running version 1.1.0 through Wineskin on a Macbook 2011 | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 3000 | Intel Core i5 - On this Macbook I can run games such as, World of Warcraft on Ultra settings, The first 3D GTA's, Batman Arkham Asylum, all source engine games. Now, I have Vice City Stories and Yakuza 1 for PCSX2 and they're both running at such a low FPS. Yakuza is running 40 in the menus, 28/29 in game and VCS is running around 40 in the menus and around 20 fps in game. Now I find that strange because obviously I can run native games on a higher setting. I know you will say "But you're running PCSX2 on Wineskin and it won't be stable" but I run a fair amount of games on Wineskin with no problems. I know there are solutions into changing your settings but I have no clue what I am doing or what I am changing, i've watched tutorials on youtube and still no clue. Thanks!

Sponsored links

Yakuza & vice city are both suite demanding.
Your specs are obviously too low for those games. (Especially your GPU)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-15-2015, 01:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Yakuza & vice city are both suite demanding.
Your specs are obviously too low for those games. (Especially your GPU)

That doesn't make sense to me as I can play much higher games in native?
which ones ?
Rachet & clank ? Zone Of The enders 2 ?

Or are you trying to compare emulation to native pc gaming ? because it's a ridiculous nonsense...
I am comparing PCSX2 to Mac native and wineskin games. I don't understand how it is nonsense, yes I know I am emulation but surely the hardware in this Mac is greater compared to the hardware in a PS2?
you don't get it.
you are emulating an emulator.

PS2 games aren't made to run natively on a PC/Mac. that's why you need an emulator (pcsx2). Like almost any emulator, it requires 10 times more raw power than the original hardware to run correctly.
But...

pcsx2 isn't a native Mac application.
means you are emulating an emulator...

Do you picture how much power it can require ?
(07-15-2015, 01:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you don't get it.
you are emulating an emulator.

PS2 games aren't made to run natively on a PC/Mac. that's why you need an emulator (pcsx2). Like almost any emulator, it requires 10 times more raw power than the original hardware to run correctly.
But...

pcsx2 isn't a native Mac application.
means you are emulating an emulator...

Do you picture how much power it can require ?

Yeah I understand that now. I wish there was a fully native PS2 emulator out there for the Mac. OpenEMU, which you might of heard of is a native emulator for all old school consoles and I just wish they would add a PS2 core.
(07-15-2015, 01:47 PM)RastaMousey Wrote: Yeah I understand that now. I wish there was a fully native PS2 emulator out there for the Mac. OpenEMU, which you might of heard of is a native emulator for all old school consoles and I just wish they would add a PS2 core.

actually, there is a mac port of pcsx2 (quite outdated, though)
but still.

Win32 version of pcsx2 is really demanding whatever you do, due to the complex architecture of the PS2.

To give you an idea of what your Mac isn't capable of, install windows through bootcamp on your mac, then try running your games under pcsx2. you'll see how much your Mac will struggle.

I guess you'll just have to keep playing on your real PS2 for now...
(07-15-2015, 01:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: actually, there is a mac port of pcsx2 (quite outdated, though)
but still.

Win32 version of pcsx2 is really demanding whatever you do, due to the complex architecture of the PS2.

To give you an idea of what your Mac isn't capable of, install windows through bootcamp on your mac, then try running your games under pcsx2. you'll see how much your Mac will struggle.

I guess you'll just have to keep playing on your real PS2 for now...

I have had so many problems installing boot camp to my mac, like I spent a month trying to fix audio drivers LaughLaugh I guess i'm just going to have to buy/build a Windows gaming pc.

EDIT: Also the mac port is still running under wineskin unfortunately.
Quote:EDIT: Also the mac port is still running under wineskin unfortunately.
really ?
this one ?