Could use some help please
If this is the wrong place could an admin or moderator please move it.
Okay so I've been having this problem for a very long time now, over a year. I've followed multiple tutorials and guides for the best settings for PCSX2 over the months and I just can't get it to work properly. I'm having horrible FPS and I really can't figure it out.
This also happens on the Gamecube emulator but epsxe and the PSP emulator run fine at 60 FPS.
If someone could help me figure this out and give me the exact setting to use I would really appreciate it!
My specs are
Radeon R9 280
AMD FX - 4100 Quad core 3.60ghz
8GB RAM

Sponsored links

Which game are you experiencing slowdowns ? What are your EE and GS readings during slowdowns ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-12-2015, 07:15 PM)ssakash Wrote: Which game are you experiencing slowdowns ? What are your EE and GS readings during slowdowns ?

I've tried multiple games like, shadow of the colossus, ratchet and clank, crash tag team racing. I seem to be getting it in every single games. Sorry i'm not sure what you mean by EE and GS readings, I don't know an awful lot about PCSX2
You're CPU is really too weak for those games.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-12-2015, 08:30 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You're CPU is really too weak for those games.

Wow really. PS2 is op
(06-12-2015, 08:30 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You're CPU is really too weak for those games.

You're

The FX-4100 does not have enough single threaded performance for more demanding games on PCSX2. You might consider upgrading or overclocking, though do be careful if you choose the latter.
(06-12-2015, 08:54 PM)Rassane Wrote: You're

The FX-4100 does not have enough single threaded performance for more demanding games on PCSX2. You might consider upgrading or overclocking, though do be careful if you choose the latter.

I'm upgrading soon anyway so hopefully it will work
(06-12-2015, 08:57 PM)MRPyro Wrote: I'm upgrading soon anyway so hopefully it will work

Practically any new Intel CPU will be enough, if it's not a low-power chip. Not sure about the AMD side.
I recommend you buy a Core i5 CPU.
(06-12-2015, 08:57 PM)MRPyro Wrote: I'm upgrading soon anyway so hopefully it will work

get any haswell I5 (or) I7 , it should work well.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction