"Couldn't Read from CD !" and "read error 0"
I'm currently trying to get my Time Splitters 2 disc to work on the PC. I only just started trying today, and found that PCSX2 was suitable software.
I got the emulator working, and i'm getting to the menu of the PS2, but it can't detect the CD. One problem may be that i'm not using the BIOS from my PS2, because I don't know how to get it. Instead I downloaded some someone else put up, and as far as I know it's legal to download so long as you actually own a PS2.
Here is a screenshot of every message from the time of starting up PCXS2 to closing the game. You'll notice that in red it has "read error's" and displays "Couldn't Read from CD !".

P.S. Apologies if I put this in the wrong forum, I only just noticed the sub-forums that were there.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Quote:Instead I downloaded some someone else put up, and as far as I know it's legal to download so long as you actually own a PS2.
Wrong, it's still illegal. We have an extensive guide on how to dump your BIOS here ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2329.html ) have a look at it and rip your BIOS to get support here.
You need to use a CD/DVD reading plugin to read from disc, I guess you also need to read the Configuration Guide
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Alright, thanks for the tips.