Couple quick noob questions.
Just got pcsx2 running last night but I'm sort of confused on a few things.

1. Trying to play Kingdom Hearts 1 from my original disk was unplayable. Any time an fmv came on screen it just went down below 7 fps. I ripped the game to an iso and used linuz iso plugin and it ran at a stable 60 fps no slowdowns. Is this an issue to this specific game or a general issue with pcsx2? I was using the gigaherz's cdrom plugin.

2. I noticed Star Ocean 3 is listed as playable on the compatibility website but after searching the forums I noticed disk swapping doesn't usually work. How is Star Ocean 3 playable if disk swapping isn't supported?

If anyone could answer these I'd appreciate it, thanks.

---edit---

Oh forgot to mention I'm using pcsx2 0.9.6 and my computer specs are

E8400 stock speed
Nvidia 9800GTX+
2 gigs ddr2 800
Windows XP Pro service pack 3

All latest drivers and updates.

Sponsored links

Most disk swapping games enable you to save before the swap. You can save, close PCSX2, load it with the second disk and load your save.
Issue 1: Depends on your reader but yeah Peops CDVD is the best at reading properly discs.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-28-2010, 10:27 PM)Bositman Wrote: Most disk swapping games enable you to save before the swap. You can save, close PCSX2, load it with the second disk and load your save.
Issue 1: Depends on your reader but yeah Peops CDVD is the best at reading properly discs.

Ahh thanks.

---Edit---

Oh just wondering is there any way to adjust the volume for the emulator? I'm on XP so I cant use the audio mixer.
You could try using P.E.Op.S sound plugin which has the volume control but it may not work the same.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-01-2010, 04:31 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You could try using P.E.Op.S sound plugin which has the volume control but it may not work the same.

and reduced sound quality also ^^
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Yes SPU2-X is way way better than PeoPs so for the time just live without having a volume adjuster
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-01-2010, 02:00 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yes SPU2-X is way way better than PeoPs so for the time just live without having a volume adjuster

lol u can adjust it at volume control manually
XP
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(03-01-2010, 02:02 PM)ikazu Wrote: lol u can adjust it at volume control manually
XP

Not without lowering the volume on the entire system Biggrin. Anyway thanks for the help.