Cpu temperature
(05-09-2013, 08:12 PM)Esparagon Wrote: Ok i open my pc and heat sink was fited perfectly and i used ARCTIC MX-2 i put small amaunt of it on cpu and spread it whit heat sink so i know it is good and there is also no dust Tongue.But what is weird is that Guild wars 2 heavily bound cpu game only gets my cpu to 50 celsius after like couple of hours(same whit planetside 2 and TERA,also didnt ahve any problems in bioschock).
It might be worth mentening that core temp changes temperatures from like 60 to 80 in a second and back i dont think cpu could get heated/cooled so fast.
Could it be that the offical build (1.0)somehow interupts core temp or something or is pcsx2 just that more demanding then games like gw2 and other stuff?

Does the CPU fan spin well? AMD fans should be quite loud so it should be easy to see if it's running as it should or not.
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900

Sponsored links

(05-09-2013, 08:27 PM)||dav1de|| Wrote: Does the CPU fan spin well? AMD fans should be quite loud so it should be easy to see if it's running as it should or not.

Yea it is loud Tongue
And 1 more interesting thing after i tried some more games(it was the same as ffx) i went to play gw2 and temp stayed 70 celsius xD then restarted and have been playing for like an hour it is around 47 so yea only whit pcsx2 ;(
(05-09-2013, 08:48 PM)Esparagon Wrote: Yea it is loud Tongue
And 1 more interesting thing after i tried some more games(it was the same as ffx) i went to play gw2 and temp stayed 70 celsius xD then restarted and have been playing for like an hour it is around 47 so yea only whit pcsx2 ;(

When the cores reach 70°C they throttle down to a lower frequency trying to avoid overheating. Anyway it's quite strange...is the case well aerated?
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900
I would recommend considering a 3rd party cooler. Noctua fans are very good, not sure sure about alternatives. I have a thermalright ultra 120 with an arctic cooling silent fan on it, but that's possibly a little extreme if you aren't overclocking ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-09-2013, 08:54 PM)||dav1de|| Wrote: When the cores reach 70°C they throttle down to a lower frequency trying to avoid overheating. Anyway it's quite strange...is the case well aerated?

Yep i left it open for the testing and it is preaty cool right now since it is almost dark and my windows are open i tried google but cant find anybody whit similar problem :/

Ok mabye i figured it out i started pcsx2 again whit only core temp and the temperatures were normal (i was playing gw2) then i turned on hwmonitor(while core temp was running) and temperatures in core temp roes from 41 to 68 i am totaly confused now....(also testeed it in pcsx 2) sam ething happend
hwmonitor, the new most cpu intensive app ever! Tongue2

(05-09-2013, 09:04 PM)Esparagon Wrote: Yep i left it open for the testing and it is preaty cool right now since it is almost dark and my windows are open i tried google but cant find anybody whit similar problem :/

Ok mabye i figured it out i started pcsx2 again whit only core temp and the temperatures were normal (i was playing gw2) then i turned on hwmonitor(while core temp was running) and temperatures in core temp roes from 41 to 68 i am totaly confused now....(also testeed it in pcsx 2) sam ething happend

I still think that is a mounting problem I suggest you to unmount it, check the thermal paste to see if it were touching all the CPU (chenge the paste with a better one, I use Arctic Silver 5) and remount it being carefull and following the instruction. Otherwise you may try undervolting the CPU, and thus reducing the power consumption and the heat generation (AMD always exaggerate with the volts) I suggest AMD MSR Tweaker.

Edit: hmmm re-reading your post maybe there's simply some problem with HWMonitor, maybe an incompatibiliyy with core temp. Try using just core temp.
(05-09-2013, 09:14 PM)||dav1de|| Wrote: I still think that is a mounting problem I suggest you to unmount it, check the thermal paste to see if it were touching all the CPU (chenge the paste with a better one, I use Arctic Silver 5) and remount it being carefull and following the instruction. Otherwise you may try undervolting the CPU, and thus reducing the power consumption and the heat generation (AMD always exaggerate with the volts) I suggest AMD MSR Tweaker.

Edit: hmmm re-reading your post maybe there's simply some problem with HWMonitor, maybe an incompatibiliyy with core temp. Try using just core temp.
Well i check the heat sink again it is properly mounted(dont know how you can realy mount it wrong since it has thoes clips on the side xD)

And i have been playing ffx from the begging until the cut sceen where sin first apears whit core temp and speedfan monitoring and core tamp max was 40 and speedfans was 45 and that is cool Tongue.

After i was sure i tested enough i turned them off and started hwmonitor and i am getting thoes scik temps again so it is probably something to do whit hwmonitor Tongue o and i cant test using real temp since it dosent support my cpu :/.
realtemp is inaccurate, it doesn't use the standard testing method, so will likely show incorrect numbers.

If coretemp says a max of 40 that's fine. Speedfan i trust less, but it usually isnt too far off.

(05-09-2013, 10:47 PM)refraction Wrote: realtemp is inaccurate, it doesn't use the standard testing method, so will likely show incorrect numbers.

If coretemp says a max of 40 that's fine. Speedfan i trust less, but it usually isnt too far off.

Speedfan and Core Temp show the temperatures of different sensors, Core Temp use those inside the CPU Cores (and thus it's the temperature I monitor) while Speedfan use the Motherboard sensor near the CPU socket, so it's reliability depend on the motherboard manufacturer and where the sensor is placed, obviously it won't give the same value of Core Temp.