Cpu temperature
Hi so i wanted to play ffx again since i avhe gotten new cpu and gpu (Cpu:Athlon II x4 750k and radeon hd 7770)but just out of curiosty i wanted to check my cpu temperature while playing and core temp showed me my cpu was getting super hot(from 60-to 80 celsius)and i found that weird since in guild wars 2 the most it gets to is like 50 so i downloaded speed fun which showed me it was at 43 -.-.
So in the end i downloaded hwmonitor and i think it shows my cpu is at 70 celsius or so(not sure how to read that program Tongue) so my question is who should i trust xD ?

Image of the readings:
http://imageshack.us/f/221/pcsx2temp.jpg/

Edit:no speeds hacks and i tried diferent GS(GSdx)plugings still the same i will try some other game after i come home.

Sponsored links

Coretemp is generally quite accurate for modern cpu's, for an AMD chip that is very hot, especially as that seems to be an idel temperature. Is your cpu heatsink dusty at all (can you see the fins under the fan)? If not i would suggest that you redo the thermal paste under it as it's not doing a very good job!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

These days cpu's come with horrible coolers as well. I bought a custom one and brought my temps down 20 degrees. I use a Cooler Master Hyper 101 Evo.

Highest I ever get is 62 degrees
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(05-09-2013, 02:36 PM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: These days cpu's come with horrible coolers as well. I bought a custom one and brought my temps down 20 degrees. I use a Cooler Master Hyper 101 Evo.

Highest I ever get is 62 degrees

AMD coolers shouldn't be that bad though, AMD know their chips cant handle being that warm, so they'd never release a cooler that lets it go that high.

Yeah wow... 80C should be triggering your motherboard to automatically shut down... that in itself is a problem too. 60C would be about the limit that you want your CPU to be at, over 70 and you risk causing damage to your motherboard over time and pushing well above that...

Most likely your fan just needs a good bit of cleaning. It's actually really simple to do, just go to a local retailer and purchase a can of air, unplug your computer, open the side case (and preferably take it to an open space as there will likely be a lot of dust) and then just do short 1-2 second bursts around the CPU and probably your GPU as well. Keep doing so till it's clear or mostly clear.

Then just make sure to let it sit open a couple minutes just in case the cold air from the can caused some condensation, put the cover back on and plug everything back in.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Or if you have a small paintbrush, you can brush underneath the fan and dislodge the dust.

He says that he has a new CPU, so I don't think it's covered with dust, probably the heatsink has not been properly mounted.
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900
(05-09-2013, 06:27 PM)||dav1de|| Wrote: He says that he has a new CPU, so I don't think it's covered with dust, probably the heatsink has not been properly mounted.

Haaa, fail read on my part he did say new CPU. Yeah, definitely not mounted correctly then. Either there are some serious airbubbles, or the thermal compound wasn't applied correctly (or the attachment latches weren't tightened)
[Image: 2748844.png]
Ok i open my pc and heat sink was fited perfectly and i used ARCTIC MX-2 i put small amaunt of it on cpu and spread it whit heat sink so i know it is good and there is also no dust Tongue.But what is weird is that Guild wars 2 heavily bound cpu game only gets my cpu to 50 celsius after like couple of hours(same whit planetside 2 and TERA,also didnt ahve any problems in bioschock).
It might be worth mentening that core temp changes temperatures from like 60 to 80 in a second and back i dont think cpu could get heated/cooled so fast.
Could it be that the offical build (1.0)somehow interupts core temp or something or is pcsx2 just that more demanding then games like gw2 and other stuff?
no PC game pushes your CPU like the emulator does, ever ;p