Crappy fps on ff x for no good reason
So I need help, I've run FF X before and it ran fine, I'm trying to run it now though and I can't get more than 20fps. My machine is thus:

Intel core duo 2.8 ghz
4 gigs o' ram
Geforce 9600 gt something something

So i know my specs are good enough. I've tried pretty much everything with the stock plugin's and I really don't know what else to try. I can't figure why I'm not getting better fps.

Sponsored links

Show us your pcsx2 and plugin settings for starters so we can help better.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-17-2009, 12:42 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Show us your pcsx2 and plugin settings for starters so we can help better.

Like I said, I've tried a million different settings and nothing seems to change. I'm using the most recent version of pcx2.
Using r1888 :
Graphics : GSdx 1873 SSE41, 1920X1200 res both internal and play res, wouldn't hurt to NOT copy that xD
Sound : SPU2-X 1.2.0
CPU setting : EERec, VUrec ( both ), microVU ( both, boosts a LOT ), MTGS
Framelimit : Limit
Adv. settings :
EE:
- Round mode : Chop / Zero
- Clamp mode : Full
- Denormals are Zero : On / Checked
VU:
- Round mode : Chop / Zero
- Clamp mode : Extra + Preserve Sign
- Denormals checked here as well

Running FFX at 1920X1200 both internally and gamesize @ stable 60FPS mostly on specs below.
So if that doesn't work for ya, there's something else wrong.
CPU : Intel i7-2600K
GPU : nVidia Geforce GTX 970
RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengance DDR3
PCSX2 : Constantly changing.
(11-17-2009, 03:47 AM)Timmygrover Wrote:
(11-17-2009, 12:42 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Show us your pcsx2 and plugin settings for starters so we can help better.

Like I said, I've tried a million different settings and nothing seems to change. I'm using the most recent version of pcx2.

Wow that's helpful. Wait I'll go get my crystal ball and solve your problem.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Do you want me to post every possible combination of settings shadow? Do you not comprehend what I mean when I say I've tried them all? I'm asking if there's anything besides the pcsx2 settings that might be causing my problem. (Since they're not the problem, otherwise trying everything would have yielded something right?)

Does using an iso over a physical disk make a difference? When I got full fps last time I was using the disk, but I ripped an .iso and packed my games away since.

For what it's worth though I tried Atlasredux' settings when he posted them and still got the same results.

I'm pretty close to reformatting my hard drive to try it on a fresh install of vista.
Timmygrover

you must be friendly Smile

You must understand what in Pcsx2 project main goal try to do very high compatibility, and next step will be speed optimization, you must wait, i wait too Smile
(11-17-2009, 08:12 PM)Timmygrover Wrote: Do you want me to post every possible combination of settings shadow? Do you not comprehend what I mean when I say I've tried them all? I'm asking if there's anything besides the pcsx2 settings that might be causing my problem. (Since they're not the problem, otherwise trying everything would have yielded something right?)

Does using an iso over a physical disk make a difference? When I got full fps last time I was using the disk, but I ripped an .iso and packed my games away since.

For what it's worth though I tried Atlasredux' settings when he posted them and still got the same results.

I'm pretty close to reformatting my hard drive to try it on a fresh install of vista.

some configurations conflict with others. Take screenshots of everything.

display computer specs
screen shots of:

config, graphics, speedhacks, cpu options, and advanced options.
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
(11-17-2009, 08:12 PM)Timmygrover Wrote: Do you not comprehend what I mean when I say I've tried them all?

Yes well as you said it worked fine before but doesnt now means something changed, FFX should run fine with default settings so all we can do is help you correct them and we cant do that if you dont show us, also it would be pointless for us to help you with some settings if you're gonna have others set wrong to begin with.

But to answer you question what I comprehend is that when new users say they tried all settings it means they have them set all wrong now. Show us your settings and show us screenshots of when you have so bad performance while playing as well preferably a shot of the GSdx window while running the game.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well here it is, sorry about the image size:

Here's my compy

[img][Image: MySpecs.jpg][/img]

Here's my graphics card

[Image: Grphxcard.jpg]

These are all the processes I have running while emulating

[Image: processes.jpg]

Cpu settings

[Image: Cpusettings.jpg]

Speed hack settings

[Image: Speedhacksettings.jpg]

I put up my settings an results using both gdsx and zero, both with the same fps result. Note that I've tried all the AA, Interlacing, checking, unchecking, and all that stuff that I can think of.

[Image: grphxsettings.jpg]

[Image: Resultswithgsdxsse41.jpg]

[Image: Zerosettings.jpg]

[Image: Resultswithzero0971.jpg]

I hope this helps, thanks for your time Smile