Crash Twinsanity playable on Pentium 4!
I managed to get my favorite game Crash TwinSanity working on a Pentium 4 machine with 2.8 Ghz and 3 GB RAM and XP. I use it solely for PS2 emulation and am testing out more games. I did the following:

Speedhacks : all set to 3

edited the pcsx2_vm.ini file and changed the framerate to 29.97 for US and 25.00 for PAL

EE/PPU advanced Recompiler set to nearest and clamping mode set to None

VU's set to Recompiler (legacy)

Round mode, "Nearest"

Clamping "none"

Frame skip set to draw 1 frame and to skip 2

EE timing hack enabled
Skip MPEG enabled
OPH Flag hack enabled
DMAC speedhack enabled
FIFO read ahead enabled
Rest disabled

Used a Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

Sponsored links

How do you define playable?

Have you used turbo mode to compensate the lower framerate or do you play hat half speed?

I would actually not think that you have to change that amount of settings to play almost at full speed. (Why do you skip mpegs?)

Rounding nearest clamping none can cash a lot of games. Not only in the beginning but also for example in minigames or special missions.
VU & EE at max will create most of the times slowdonws. VU fakes better fps readings that's why you probably think it is better to max it out.

The main reason of these threads I don't get. If it would be easy to make pcsx2 run on weak machines with such settings, why aren't they default?
pentium 4 is an single core processor !pentium 4 is outdated for gaming and emulation purpose! the settings you show with ee and vu to.3 is not compatable with every cpu! even not for your one! I suggest you to decrese the sliders to 2 ! and enable frame skip or try with software mode but afaik It won't run in full speed in your machine!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1