Crash black screen, flicker, BSOD
Normally I use PCSX2 on my desktop, but I got Disgaea for my laptop when I'm away from home. It's one of the lowest requirement games, so I figured it would probably run.

Laptop: Intel dual core 1.6ghz SSSE3, 32 bit windows 7, 2gb ram, Intel 685GM accelerator. Directx 11 installed.
Using Preset 1 in settings, lilypad, GSdx ssse3 native res dx10 defaults, spu2-x.

I have tried 0.9.8 and an svn from a couple days ago.

It happens seconds into the intro of the game, which is really slow.
I tried it with no disc as well, which is about 25fps and crashes just before the Options menu appears.

The crash: Screen turns black as if the graphics driver crashed. Then reinitializes and things reappear just to crash and reappear. Pressing ESC to pause the game doesn't stop this crashing. Eventually it stays black and goes to a blue screen.

error 0x116, saying this Intel graphics driver is where the problem happened: igdkmd32.sys

I searched this forum and found only that file in people's log files as it's part of the log dump.

I checked for new graphics drivers but there are no newer (2009 is the newest).

What should I do to troubleshoot further?
Thanks to everyone who works on PCSX2 and its components. It's awesome to play on PC and it just keeps getting better!

Sponsored links

seems like your gpu is struggling too much to render the graphics...

I'm sorry tell you that your only option is to play on your real ps2 or on your desktop since both of your cpu and gpu were too weak for pcsx2....
Even for the no-disc boot screen?

I read that people were able to play this game with crappy computers like my laptop because it's 2D.

Maybe I'll try turning on the speedhacks or something. It's just a pain because each test causes a crash which takes about a minute, and then a reboot.
Thanks to everyone who works on PCSX2 and its components. It's awesome to play on PC and it just keeps getting better!
If you are facing BSOD ,one or more of your windows files have gone kaput.
I am 90% sure thats the problem.
Reinstall your Windows and you'll be fine.
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
Discovery!
Trying the game in Directx9 hardware plays at 120FPS! DX10 makes it all asplode.

I found an old forum post about gsdx with my integrated graphics, saying the accelerator doesn't support dx10 even if it is installed.

But on this official page, it says 965 supports it
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/in...011807.htm

hmm