Crash with USB wheel in 1.7.0
Hi there, I did some bigger research and found out what causes the crash when using the USB plugin.
It's not the fault of the USB plugin itself and it probably isn't even caused by the 1.7 versions of the emulator. It seems to be the fault of the SPU2 Output Module.

With the default XAudio 2 Module, the Emulator crashes when you have configured any USB devices, like wheels or a even a mouse. If i choose the Cubeb Module, it runs just fine, even with the newest nightly versions. It has to do something with XAudio 2, even if I don't understand how USB and XAudio 2 are related.

I hope this helps solving the problem.

Sponsored links

UnixRoot, thanks for that information. I too later realized after my initial older post that this exact crash would occur to me even in 1.6, and across multiple 1.7 revisions. If I made sure the USB plugin was "disabled" *before* I launched a game, and then enabled it after it booted, there would be no issues. But even if I switched to another game after that, it would crash. It was very annoying but I'll try to experiment with the SPU2 module and see if that solves it for me. I'm not sure if there's anyone who would fix this so we wouldn't have to use this workaround, but at least there's something now.
(03-17-2022, 01:42 PM)NarooN Wrote: I'm not sure if there's anyone who would fix this so we wouldn't have to use this workaround, but at least there's something now.

You don't need to use any workarounds anymore, if you choose the Cubeb Audio Module.