Crashes while configuring the Controller plugin
Hi everyone,

After installing PCSX2 0.9.7, I ran it and the 'PCSX2 First Time Configuration' window popped up. When I got to the plugin configuration part, I selected the pad to configure the keys to match my controller's, but it seems to keep crashing while I do so.
I'm using an adapter (Logic3 PS915N) to connect my PS2 controller to the computer and it seems to work with other games, so I'm not sure how to fix it.
Thanks anyway.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, all it says, when it crashes is that pcsx2-r3878.exe has found a problem and it's going to be closed.

Sponsored links

tried right click->runa s admin ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-27-2011, 02:03 AM)jesalvein Wrote: tried right click->runa s admin ?

Thanks for replying.
I'm using XP (SP3)
if the emulator was installed in the C:\Program Files (x86) you should consider uninstalling and installing again in a user created folder, something like C:\Games may do the trick (this is valid for native PC games too).

Bringing down the UAC a notch can help (this avoid the need to run as The Administrator... actually by forcing such "absurd" the UAC and "protected folders" in the end worsen security instead improving it).

UAC at the second notch seems to be a good compromise.

Added note: If reinstalling the emulator, make sure to delete the old ini files and let the emulator recreate them with the correct configuration.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thank you both for trying to help me, however, it didn't solve the problem, because apparently, there was nothing wrong with the emulator software.
I realized the problem occurred when I tried to set the analog joysticks on the pad, so I left those blank. Seems to be working fine now. I suppose the PS2 to PC converter is to blame.
Thanks again.
Sorry, my former post assumed you ran Vista or seven.

Look out if the pad works fine with the Windows itself, if it does it should run without problems with the lilypad plugin (does not matter of direct or from an adapter).

Open the "Plugin/BIOS Selector" under the "Config" menu and make sure Lilypad is the active PAD plugin.
From there click configure and it should be present in the "Devices Diagnostics" window under the "general" tab.
Highlight it and click "Test Device" observing if the numbers changes there. If not try "Raw Input" or "Direct Input" under "Input API" and redo the tests.

If succeeds the next step is binding the buttons under the "Pad 1" tab.

I'm assuming you'll be able to get this far with the configuration. If not, please report.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-27-2011, 04:53 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Sorry, my former post assumed you ran Vista or seven.

Look out if the pad works fine with the Windows itself, if it does it should run without problems with the lilypad plugin (does not matter of direct or from an adapter).

Open the "Plugin/BIOS Selector" under the "Config" menu and make sure Lilypad is the active PAD plugin.
From there click configure and it should be present in the "Devices Diagnostics" window under the "general" tab.
Highlight it and click "Test Device" observing if the numbers changes there. If not try "Raw Input" or "Direct Input" under "Input API" and redo the tests.

If succeeds the next step is binding the buttons under the "Pad 1" tab.

I'm assuming you'll be able to get this far with the configuration. If not, please report.

On the "Test Device" window I was able to tell that unlike all the other buttons, which work on a 0 or 1 state, the analog joysticks influence 6 parameters each. And they are touch-sensitive. Maybe that's the reason why I'm having problems. No need to say that both the L3 and R3 are a 0 or 1 type of button.
I tried the Raw and Direct Input methods, as you suggested, but while the Raw Input seemed to be the same as the default one, the Direct Input didn't work at all.
Thanks again for trying to help me
try the windows configuration wizard, does it produce the same results as lillypad does?
(02-27-2011, 06:41 AM)Saiki Wrote: try the windows configuration wizard, does it produce the same results as lillypad does?

Sorry, I'm not sure how to do that.
In Control Panel > Game Controllers, I selected it and on Properties, I can see how each button works and the analog joysticks are touch sensitive just like on PCSX2. Is this what you're referring to?
yes. and go through "configure" there as well