Crashing when trying to load save state
I'm playing Persona 3 FES PAL version using PCSX2 1.2.1, and whenever I try to use the load state feature after a full reboot of the game it just completely crashes. No error messages, nothing happens except for the normal Windows "Program has stopped responding" message. I've trying using several save state slots at several times, and this problem keeps happening.

Sponsored links

Whats the extra details on the program stopped responding message? Can you make screenshot?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
There are no extra details. This just happens whenever I try to load a save state. Funny thing is that loading seems to work fine as long as I don't shut the program down after the save.

[Image: I3DNRZs.png]
are you using MTVU hack ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
No I'm not. My settings for emulation are on their defaults.
This is a new one on me. I can't reproduce it on NTSC Persona 3 FES. I don't have the PAL version to test unfortunately.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-08-2014, 04:21 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: This is a new one on me. I can't reproduce it on NTSC Persona 3 FES. I don't have the PAL version to test unfortunately.

Normally I wouldn't care for save states, but I've encountered a bug that forces me to use it. When my persona tries to learn a new skill and it's maxed out, it seems that every single key is disabled. Only thing I can press on is cross, but that would force me to forget the first skill and lose my choice...
^ That's definitely not normal. What input plugin are you using and/or controller? Have you tried a different plugin? And have you tried moving around the skill list with both the dpad and the analog stick just to check?
(07-08-2014, 04:34 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: ^ That's definitely not normal. What input plugin are you using and/or controller? Have you tried a different plugin? And have you tried moving around the skill list with both the dpad and the analog stick just to check?

I've used my Googlefoo to search this issue, seems like I'm not the only one and it's an issue with Lilypad. I haven't tried to use a different plugin yet, but I'm gonna test out Raw Data instead of Windows messaging.

The reason I wanted to use save states was because the bug happened while I was grinding in Tartarus, so it'd be a pity to lose so much time because of it. Even worse if I had to grind again just to see that the different plugin didn't fix it.

For general info: I'm just using a keyboard with Lilypad, and I tried using the analog. Game then crashed when I tried to use save states and switch plugins. Save state issue has nothing to do with it and keeps happening even without the plugin switch.
Well, for the time being try Pokopom or SSSPSX pad plugin and see if it works.

I've been up about 24 hours and my brain is pretty fried so I am out of ideas, sorry. Maybe someone else will have an idea.