PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Ugh, found a nice hackfix for shadow hearts 2 to completely clear up the ghosting, and crispen the textures, makes the game look sweet, but when I enable it to 0 from it's default value of 1 (is the value I need is 0) I get pcsx2 spamming *PCSX2*: DMA error: 1f800000 in the console over and over again.

This game is a nightmare to patch :<

Sponsored links

So is anyone still messing around with Shadow Hearts 2? I managed to get the environment looking right but there's a separate value for the characters I can't find. Also some SFX are a little displaced (such as savepoint and candelabra in screenshot below)

I searched for 8 bit hex 3F800000, found it at 20b3b840 but it's jp director's cut

Update: found the values for characters, seen below... Karin and Nichol have separate addresses, and I'm guessing everyone else does. At least they're close together
Do you guys think you could make patches by using blockdumps of some games? We could do it this way...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You need to have the game running while you're attempting the patch it, so I'm not sure. The only way to find out is to try, I suppose. The references need to be manipulated while they're being executed, or else you wouldn't be able to tell if what you're changing is doing anything. Most games seem to stick within a certain degree for where they store particular types of data in their arrays, but you would be there until rapture if you couldn't see what each value was doing right there on-screen.

Some games are a pain in the a*s though, not mentioning any (shadow hearts 2, Arc Tongue).

SH2 developers went nuts with DMA, the reference addresses are assigned different data pointers everytime the game is ran. At first, I though it was just temp pointers in the 30xxxxxx region, but now I've seen 2xxxxxxx addresses being randomly assigned aswel. Gutted lol.
you might be able to do it with a block dump as long as has a 3d scene (I'm talking about the linuscdvd dumps), a gs dump might work to find the value but id think it would need to be running in pcsx2 to get the address.

asm yeah sh2 is giving me hell, I wonder if it has some kind of protection (some games have cheat protection Smile ) , I'm also looking at the second dvd
Hyakki, how did you find the 'in-battle' aspect width for SH2 btw? I haven't been able to find it, I've found the 'running around on the map' version of it loads of times, but haven't found the battle one once yet.

I have a err 'kinda' patch working for it, but it only works if you save you're game using the save states.

If you find the aspect values, and copy then into a pnach, and save it etc. Then, save your game with a save state then the same addresses are loaded up next time, dunno if you could actually manage to go through the whole game with only SStates though lol.

Lemme know if this works for you.
asm it should be the same as the map aspect , you just have to do a new search and find any new 3000xxxxx ranges that come up, its a pain i noticed on almost every scene or cutscene it needs a new address so I don't think its very effective (you probably could make an external program monitor the 300xxx ranges and patch the 3f4.. as necessary but I don't know if its worth the effort) Smile
Oh boy, I was waiting for the wide screen cheat engine hacks to catch on! ^^
Because of the sudden jolt of wide screen support, I wanted to share a couple patches with you guys. They're both Square games. The first one is a 16x9 patch of Musashi Samurai Legend NTSC-U. The second is one for Kingdom Hearts 2 FM+ NTSC-J. The KH2FM+ patch is actually unfinished because I would like to edit the X-space values to show more on the sides, so any help with finding them would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks again for your wonderful work on PCSX2. It's clear to see why it's always been my favorite emulator! ^^ Keep up the great work!!!

.pnach   675CEB8F.pnach (Size: 126 bytes / Downloads: 654)
.pnach   F266B00B.pnach (Size: 108 bytes / Downloads: 619)
Quote:You need to have the game running while you're attempting the patch it, so I'm not sure. The only way to find out is to try, I suppose. The references need to be manipulated while they're being executed, or else you wouldn't be able to tell if what you're changing is doing anything. Most games seem to stick within a certain degree for where they store particular types of data in their arrays, but you would be there until rapture if you couldn't see what each value was doing right there on-screen.

A blockdump is basically a dump of all the dvdreads the game does while you are running it with the dumping option on. So when it's finished, you actually have a small ISO file up to the point of when you stopped running PCSX2, so it's actually the exact same as running the game normally up to that point.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Found a value for xenosaga 2 disc 2 .....but this game is nuts seems you need to calculate the middle window size to reflect the resolution

Im stuck..I just cant get it any better Smile

Normal

1 -> 0.75

44 to 01 (or any value)