PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Quote:Clock Tower 3 - Widescreen Hack (16:9) (NTSC-U)

.pnach   274E5444.pnach (Size: 106 bytes / Downloads: 1.412)
(took forever to find this)

Sponsored links

(03-26-2012, 04:00 AM)miseru99 Wrote: meaning a most likely no widescreen patch for it.

That's a pity. Thanks for looking into it and explaining it to me.

(03-26-2012, 03:14 PM)Asmodean Wrote: I'd need to have the game to get a patch going for it, and I don't have it.

No prob, cheers!
I notice there's a nude patch for FFX-2, spotted it a while ago. My point being: if you can do this, then you should be able to patch the event models in FFX to use the high poly models for running around. Going to look into it an see if I can produce anything. Although, the high poly models don't seem to have battle animations, so can't use them for battles, but it would still be nice to get rid of the blocky faced ones for playing though.
hyakki htf did you get Onimusha working? I've changed everything between 0.5-1.8 but no cigar. The only Crapcom game I've been able to hack is Code Veronica (I think it was 3F800000), the rest seem impossible
Just 0.5-1.8?;P Heh in dbz:bt3 I tried all from 0.1 to 2 in 20000000-21ffffff memory range, hopefully it's not a delicate game that crash easily and it didn't took too long, yet no positive results for any kind of widescreen. Some games are just there to waste our time.=_=;

I'm generally after idea with small iso dumps;P would stop killing my dvd, as I don't have soo much space to have an iso backup of everything, also not everyone have all games, even less(or rather noone) in all versions and finding a widescreen hack in some of them is such a pain that's more based on luck, so the more people try, the bigger a chance for adding another. Not so sure about legality of sharing those dumps through I guess it was proposed already in benchmarking threads and sadly I guess it says for itself that we have no benchmark based on shared small iso dump.
It sucks but yeah it looks like some games simply can't be patched... I'm posting my progress report below. If anyone has had different luck with the games I gave up on please share the values you used to find the address Smile

(*all games NTSC-J)

Successfuly patched:
Biohazard Code Veronica
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Ico
Kagerou II
Kunoichi
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne Maniax
Shinobi
Silent Hill 3
Space Channel 5 Part 2
The Oneechanbara
The Oneechanbara 2
The Oneechanpon
The Oneechanpuru
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
Zero
Zero Akai Chou
Zero Shiseki no Koe

Attempted to patch but failed:
Baroque
Demento
Devil May Cry
Galerians Ash
God Hand
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
Rumble Roses
Silent Hill 2 Saigo no Uta
Wild Arms the Vth Vanguard
Zone of the Enders

Not yet attempted to patch:
Biohazard Outbreak
Red Ninja
Reiselied
Silent Hill 4
The Bouncer
Xenosaga I, II, III

Other:
Shin Onimusha (patchable but can't find the value)
Shadow Hearts 2 (patchable but too much trouble for me)

Quote:Silent Hill 2 - Widescreen Hack (16:9) (NTSC-U)

.pnach   FE06A030.pnach (Size: 106 bytes / Downloads: 2.169)
(This is an experimental patch, tested using 3 locations in-game)
anyways busy today might try some more games later tonight.

synce for onimusha its the same as shadow hearts to and it stores its values in the 300xxx ranges I am still unable to find the main location thats setting it. I'll look into it more later.
Quote:Silent Hill 3 - Widescreen Hack (16:9) (PAL-M5)

.pnach   5088CCDB.pnach (Size: 106 bytes / Downloads: 2.542)
(Experimental could only test first level)
Thanks, it is indeed in 300x and even 31x for me.. I guess the pointer needs to be found? I'll save this game for last lol And excellent find with SH2, I didn't even think to search for such high float values
I've done some work with the KH2 FM+ patch. It looks good, but I still haven't quite achieved what I wanted. This patch only works in game play, so menu, and death screen models are still stretched.

WOW hyakki, you sure have a lot of horror games...I think I have Haunting Ground, but I still haven't beaten it yet... It's a really stressful game! ^^o

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   F266B00B.pnach (Size: 146 bytes / Downloads: 662)