Custom Metadata/Naming System
First time posting, I've looked around old posts to no avail but if its already been previously discussed and I just missed it, sorry in advance. I've been following the development of PCSX2 for a very long time but only until now that I'm in the halfway point of my software engineering degree do I feel like I can ask this question.

Would it be possible to implement a naming/information editing system akin to iTunes for organizing titles?

I've noticed titles that contain Roman Numerals (i.e. Midnight Club, Midnight Club 3, and then Midnight Club II) or other forms of sequential naming (i.e. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 being called Blood Omen 2 instead.) make it difficult to group games in a way that doesn't set my OCD on fire.

I've attempted to edit the names of the ISO files, although with 400+ titles in my library, that seems a bit annoying. I've also tried editing the GameIndex.yaml but haven't gotten it to really work, since every update resets the values so you'd have to continually re-paste a saved version every update. Am I missing something? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, although I assume this is a feature that will likely come in later updates. As of now I've only done some light modding on the current 1.7 Nightly build (albeit these are mostly aesthetic mods and don't affect the performance or general framework) so I would hope there are some features or files that allow this.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Sponsored links